Whats your favourite meal ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Beef stew and dumplings in the winter and a Caesar Salad on hot days

domtyler

Über Member
gbb said:
Notice how most of us offer simple, traditional home made food.?

Well I was going to admit that Duck and foie gras galantine with walnut dressing and red onion compote for starter, Roasted lamb fillet wrapped in vine leaves and served with a casserole of beans for main and Fig with spiced ginger bread and honey ice cream for pudding was my favourite but then I remembered the Chilli and it went out the window. ;)

Mortiroloboy

Minced beef, carrots, peas and mashed potato. Brown off the minced beef, dice the carrots, add oxo stock, salt and pepper, plus Worcestershire sauce, cook on the stove, and peel, boil and mash the spuds as per usual, real comfort food, has been my favourite, since I was very small, it was the first meal (apart from) cornflakes with hardly any milk, that I was given on the evening I had my tonsils out at the Royal Sussex County Hospital Brighton, I was probably about 4 at the time.

Oddly this also links to the post on smells. When I smell Chanel number 5 it takes me straight back there, One of the nurses must have worn it, obviously at the time I didn't know it was chanel number 5, I only found that out as I got older.

Slim

Über Member
Pork Afelia with potatoes cooked in the same pan (cooked with red wine and coriander seeds) until the potatoes are just about to fall apart.

Before I moved out from my parent's place, I once came home to find half of a very large pan of it on the hob. After Eastenders had finished on the telly, my mum came in to the kitchen to find me wiping out the bottom of the pan with bread. Apparently, I'd just scoffed my mum and dad's lunch for the next day as well as my dinner for the evening.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Spag bol for me - perferably my own 'ultra' version which also has bacon, olives and peppers in it. Not trad, but great.

Hugo15

Über Member
Home made King Prawn Thai Curry. Mmmmmmmmm.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Salad and baked potato I have that 5 days a week,
pasta on Saturday
home made veg curry on Sunday
for pudding is one of the following :-
home made rice pudding
semolina
home made apple pie and custard
home made chocolate cake and cream

Top Bottom