What's your favourite nibble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I could chug cheese and pineapple all day...given the correct ratio of c+p to beer, natch. Would you go all out on the presentation and put the cocktail sticks into a spud wrapped in silver foil? :tongue:

Nah, you can't get enough on a potato. Half a white cabbage, that's the trick.

Also, you then get to eat coleslaw for the rest of the week to use up the cabbage, and sometime you get lucky and find a shred of cabbage in the coleslaw with a cocktail stick hole in it.

My Mum used to make pinwheel sandwiches. Get an unsliced loaf, and slice it longways, not down as normal. Cut the crusts off. Spread with marg or butter, and your filling, which needs to be smooth - marmite, beef spread, smooth jam etc. Roll up like a swiss roll, wrap in foil and refridgerate. When good and cold, unwrap, and slice. Takes a bit of work, but you can eat your own bodyweight quite easily.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nah, you can't get enough on a potato. Half a white cabbage, that's the trick.

Also, you then get to eat coleslaw for the rest of the week to use up the cabbage, and sometime you get lucky and find a shred of cabbage in the coleslaw with a cocktail stick hole in it.

My Mum used to make pinwheel sandwiches. Get an unsliced loaf, and slice it longways, not down as normal. Cut the crusts off. Spread with marg or butter, and your filling, which needs to be smooth - marmite, beef spread, smooth jam etc. Roll up like a swiss roll, wrap in foil and refridgerate. When good and cold, unwrap, and slice. Takes a bit of work, but you can eat your own bodyweight quite easily.

The sarnie idea's good, Arch, but you get points deducted for mentioning coleslaw, vile! Oh and your last remaining point for mentioning marg. Bonus point added back on though for being a Marmiteer. :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
:tongue: classy!

5215039521_418f6bf1da.jpg

That looks like something I ate the last time I was drunk! (minus the wooden skewer thingies).

The sarnie idea's good, Arch, but you get points deducted for mentioning coleslaw, vile!

Yes, I have always thought of it as being 'Puke in a tub'.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes, I have always thought of it as being 'Puke in a tub'.

Well if you buy it, then maybe. I'm talking about proper home made with mayonnaise, and shredded cabbage and grated carrot and chopped up apple.

Hee, hee, I never thought of eating a pinwheel sandwich unsliced! Yum....

Top Bottom