What's your favourite science fiction book?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Chase the dawn by Michael Scott Rohan.

I have read this numerous times
Ah, The Exile Sage(4 books) Intervention(1 book) and the Galactic Milieu Trilogy(surprisingly 3 books), enjoyed them all.
All very good :smile:

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Very much Fantasy rather than SF and maybe an easy read but I love the "Nightside" series by Simon R Green.

TBH I much prefer fantasy and better still urban fantasy to SF.

I have been in the process of attempting to write a fantasy novel for a couple of years but it is (so far) poor stuff and far to derivative.

colly

Re member eR
I read a book years ago that featured a man travelling back through time in stages. At each stage he met a character, his implacable enemy, who was in effect travelling to other way. His enemy though was just living a kind of immortal life.
The enemy was in fact a Neanderthal and was opposed to humans and was fighting a desperate losing battle through the ages.
Can anyone tell me the name of the book or the author?

I enjoy Stephen Donaldson as an author and read his Gap series last year which I thought was very good. Harsh characters that are hard to like but somehow you end up warming to them. My only complaint is that the endings can be a bit softer than the rest of the story.

ASC1951

Guru
I'm not sure exactly how to catalogue them, but the DiscWorld books
I'm a huge Pratchett fan. Not just for the humour and the plots (which like all prolific authors, can be variable) but for the humanity and optimism that radiates through the DiscWorld series. And there is an underlying seriousness - his Small Gods is as devastating a picture of religious fundamentalism as you will find.

I'm a huge Pratchett fan. Not just for the humour and the plots (which like all prolific authors, can be variable) but for the humanity and optimism that radiates through the DiscWorld series. And there is an underlying seriousness - his Small Gods is as devastating a picture of religious fundamentalism as you will find.
As can 'Thud'
With its connotations of a religious war between Trolls & Dwarfs

The 'words that were wrote' by Tac & the way that the Deep-Downers twisted them to suit....

Doseone

Guru
Kpax trilogy by Gene Brewer which I guess sort of qualifies.

When I was younger I loved Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant trilogy which is maybe more fantasy than sci fi.

Top Bottom