What's your favourite veg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Ian H said:
I'll root for parsnip and potato, and there's no member of the brassica family that I don't like.

Can you print "Ian H" on the rear of your shorts, so we know who NOT to draft.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For me it would have to be peppers as my favourite.

Closely followed by garlic, peas, fennel, butternut squash and tomatoes (hand picked out of the greenhouse - unless you are saying they aren't veg).

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Mmm veg - love the stuff..favourite would have to be sweetcorn and parsnips at the moment - Uncle Mort that's a shame you're so far away - I'd love to take some squash off your hands!

buddha

Veteran
Potato = chips :smile::thumbsup::biggrin:. So has to me my favourite.
I also used to like squash until I grew some last year. Had a glut of them and ended up giving most away.

Peas (have to be Birds Eye) and carrots. The perfect accompaniment for a road chicken dinner with lovely fluffy roast spuds. Yum! :smile:

Oh and peppers (red orange and yellow, not those nasty green ones!). Love them in my currys!

Mycroft

Onions you gotta love an onion.

Crankarm

Guru
brussel-sprouts-raw.jpg

jimboalee

summerdays said:
For me it would have to be peppers as my favourite.

Closely followed by garlic, peas, fennel, butternut squash and tomatoes (hand picked out of the greenhouse - unless you are saying they aren't veg).

Scotch bonnet of course.
And all that other stuff thrown into a big pot with 2 kg of chuck steak and let simmer for five hours....

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
I like cauliflower and broccoli cooked in tomatoes (pour a tin of chopped tomatoes in the water)
Also runner beans with oil and lemon
Red cabbage, apple and raisins cooked in orange juice

Favourite is wild greens with loads of lemon.

Davidc

Guru
Brussels Sprouts

Then all the rest

Except broad beans - can't stand them, or the smell of them cooking. Suitable as animal feed only.

Top Bottom