What've...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm going to eat some dried banana chips. Right now.
Later in my life I plan to retire, cycle every day and eat some toast.

U

User482

I plan to drink the Grand Cru claret sitting in my wine rack, to celebrate my birthday next month.

A two-year-plan: get a job (interview in Oslo next week) get accommodation (comes with said job). Work hard and save hard for two years, and in my 50th year want to work a winter in a French ski resort, bum round the Greek islands (again) for two months, and cycle across the US - NW-SE!

Well, dreams don't cost much! :biggrin::tongue:

gbb

Legendary Member
Try to learn some Spanish.
Having worked there, albeit only for a week, worked in Uruguay, got holidays in Spain later this year, and probably more work in Uruguay later in the year...Spanish seems the obvious choice :biggrin:
I'm lazy though....i'd love to speak another language, but motivations the problem for me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why is it we learn French at school when we have more chance of going to Spain on holiday...oh yeh - the French are as awkward as the Brits, the Spanish are OK with us, with our really bad "Grateus" pronunciation.....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I do hope no-one on here is having a really bad time - you can share it if needed - lot's of folk on here with some good advice - just don't post on soap box......

We all go through low points in life..my low points have usually been work related...i.e. pressure and stressful situations - no time, young family..... that's gone for me now, made the change last year. Been pretty fortunate that my family, and in-laws are all reasonably OK - a few issues health wise with a couple of them.....

BUT THE BIKE HELPS....!!!!! Keeps you fit and focused !

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
A two-year-plan: get a job (interview in Oslo next week) get accommodation (comes with said job). Work hard and save hard for two years, and in my 50th year want to work a winter in a French ski resort, bum round the Greek islands (again) for two months, and cycle across the US - NW-SE!

Well, dreams don't cost much! :biggrin::biggrin:

Good luck with the Interview next week. It will be a lot easier if the job comes with accommodation, rather than you having to co-ordinate the two together. Is the job in Oslo? or just the interview?

Speicher said:
Is the job in Oslo? Or just the interview?

Thanks Speicher! Interview and job in Oslo, about a 25 min ride from the city centre. Fingers crossed (I much prefer Norway to Sweden). ;)

I'm going to stun Essex council with my brilliant presentation tomorrow and get the go-ahead for an awesome cycling project.;)

Then I'm going to stun the conference I'm going to on Friday with another brilliant presentation.;)

Then the secret project Cyclemagic is currently working on will work out and you'll all be sooo jealous.:thumbsup:;)

And because of all this I'm going to earn loads of money to spend on my classic cars/motorbikes/H van:ohmy:

Oh, and I'm going to finish writing my book on cycling history and find the proof I need to re-write a little piece of cycling history:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Hilldodger said:
I'm going to stun Essex council with my brilliant presentation tomorrow and get the go-ahead for an awesome cycling project.;)

Oh do tell. I'm curious that Essex CC would have anything to do with bikes. Anything and I mean anything would be an improvement on the facilities we have round our way. Are we talking training?

Not training, no.

Can't say much at the moment but I am talking to more than one department about a whole series of events over several years. ;)

Oh, and they approached us.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
Not training, no.

Can't say much at the moment but I am talking to more than one department about a whole series of events over several years. ;)

Oh, and they approached us.

Well good luck!

Oh, and I love your new signature addition!;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Carpe Diem! - Could be dead tomorrow.

In the immediate future I want to make it from work to home (City to Essex) in one trip. Unlike yesterday where I abandoned 10 miles from home, knee hurt, starting to bonk, sleet, wind, etc. I will do it eventually.

Teach my youngest to ride.

Go to the Holy Land and Egypt. And Venice. And Greece. And South Africa.

Extend my mileage and lose some weight.

Top Bottom