Wheel help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you are solo riding, as we all are at the moment, you won't appreciate any upgrades. You might knock an hours ride down to 58 minutes, but really not noticeable. If you are group riding and your mates all have better kit AND you keep getting dropped, spending might make sense, but so would a little training.

Re visit the situation in 6 months time and after a few miles.
indeed although a good entry level bike you can only upgrade it so far , i have done 100 milers on similar bikes and they will get you around and be fun but assuming same fitness if your riding with groups on bike 4-5 times the cost you will notice the difference ,

OP
OP
Jonjay

Jonjay

Über Member
Appreciate all the advice. As a newbie it’s good to have some sensible heads around, and slow my shopping urges down.
Even if I got new wheels, I wouldn’t be looking to put them on until the weather improved and there’s less road grime to make a mess of them. It’s good to know that I “could” though without having to change the gearing. Tyres will definitely be done though.

Agreed re comments on rider weight and fitness, both of those are slowly getting better. I’m back under 14st (6 foot 2 so not particularly over weight) since getting the bike.

I have read elsewhere that the 105 callipers are a noticeable improvement over the stock brakes so will see how these go for another month or 2 and then re-visit When the weather improves.
Cheers

Top Bottom