Wheel help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok well my rear wheel on my galaxy has a cracked rim, I dont want to jus tbuy new rims and have all the hassle of re building it all up etc myself..I'd rather just get a complete new wheel..but cant seem to find one to buy :

The wheel is a wtb dual duty xc 700c with I think 36 spokes

anybody know where I can get one?..maybe I just didnt look hard enough:blush:

TIA:smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Spa Cycles have a good rep for building wheels.

Hi. Actually I have a WTB dual duty XC 700c rim on a Shimano Deore hub if you wanted to buy. Wasn't going to sell but I'd be happy to do that and then I'll get myself another sometime. The wheel's vitually new by the way. Will take photos to show. If you want to get in touch - penarth1(at)hotmail(dot)com
or Cardiff (029) 2111 3166. Cheerio.

tandemman

I thought the Galaxy had road hubs at 130mm and the Deore is a Mountain hub at 135mm. I could be wrong.....

PpPete

Legendary Member
tandemman said:
I thought the Galaxy had road hubs at 130mm and the Deore is a Mountain hub at 135mm. I could be wrong.....

That would depend on the age of the Galaxy....

Through most of the 1980's they were still on Maillard hubs at 126mm.
By late 90's & early 00's ( last few years of the 531 framed ones) they were on 135 mm - often with Deore LX groupset.
They may well have been 130mm at some other time but I don't recall ever having come across one.
BoaB's is a later model still IIRC. Maybe he can enlighten us saddos who enjoy such trivia.

Top Bottom