Wheel Logo's or not ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
whl0010_2.jpg

Just replacing my handbuilts CXP33's which are quite discrete (with regards to Logo's) to these Navigator Streets.

Do I keep the Logo's or d-sticker ?

Main reason, is hubs, spokes and rims would add up to more than these cost me, given that they all run on the same Novatec/Formula track hubs and each rims is £40 plus !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
d sticker...deffo.. looks so much more classy

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Like I thought - the logo's are too much - you should see the Planet X ones - FFS.:wacko:

These basically use the same hubs as I have now (Formula/Novatec) and they are dead easy to replace bearings as they are sealed cartridge. If these outlast the 18 months of the CXP33's then we will have to see.

Out with the hair dryer tonight (if they are delivered today).

Will build another set over the summer. My existing wheels have been re-rimmed 3 times and had 3 sets of bearings now (no new spokes) so I recon a full new wheelset is needed !

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Like I thought - the logo's are too much - you should see the Planet X ones - FFS.:wacko:

These basically use the same hubs as I have now (Formula/Novatec) and they are dead easy to replace bearings as they are sealed cartridge. If these outlast the 18 months of the CXP33's then we will have to see.

Out with the hair dryer tonight (if they are delivered today).

Will build another set over the summer. My existing wheels have been re-rimmed 3 times and had 3 sets of bearings now (no new spokes) so I recon a full new wheelset is needed !

Don't tell @400bhp ;):whistle:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Just arrived. Stickers are individual vinyl so will just peal off with a bit of heat. Gloss finish rims (track versions are usually Matt) and the hubs are actually Miche Primato (labeled) with sealed SKF bearings and a dust shield over the bearings. Since they are about £60 a pair, add in at least £20 for the sprocket and lock ring, at £129 delivered next day, bargain.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
What horrid typography!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

"Navigator"

Given your recent exploits, I'd say it's rather apt. Leave em on:whistle:

Hahaha. Had to take them off as I can't navigate round Wythy. Did find my way tonight, phew.

De stickered. Checked the weights against my CXP33's and as expected they are about 100g-150g heavier. The rims are probably re-badged Velocity or Halo (I.e. Generic). They run true and the braking surface is nicely machined. Hopefully these rims should outlast the CXP33 as the bead is certainly thicker at the rim edge.

Top Bottom