Wheel set upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

By treating everybody as overweight slugs who couldn't ride a bike a few hundred yards to the shops without having a coronary? You cannot treat "us lot" all the same, some of us are better than that and can actually ride, and can get benefits from upgrades.

When was that said or implied?

Cyclist33

Spectacular fabrication there. When have I said anything remotely like that?

That's what he subconsciously thinks himself?

Cyclist33

I have no problem comprehending that you still (yet again) haven't told us what you ride @Citius...

Why should he? For one thing it's not relevant to the discussion and for another, whatever bike he has, you and the other babies would just resort to personal insults if he told you. Instead of opening your ears.

bpsmith

Veteran
Why should he? For one thing it's not relevant to the discussion and for another, whatever bike he has, you and the other babies would just resort to personal insults if he told you. Instead of opening your ears.
What a load of tosh! It's very relevant to the discussion when he keeps going on about how Any upgrade is pointless and we are suckers for marketing, it would be interesting to know what he rides!

I don't actually expect him to name exactly what he has, and don't believe he will reply anyway, but whether he has a bog standard bike with stock parts would put his advice into context.

It's an honest question that warrants an honest reply. Perhaps you or even @Yellow Saddle would like to do the same maybe? If what you're saying holds water then knowing the kit you then went out and bought would really add weight to this discussion...unlike you immature comment about babies. ;)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What a load of tosh! It's very relevant to the discussion when he keeps going on about how Any upgrade is pointless and we are suckers for marketing, it would be interesting to know what he rides!

I don't actually expect him to name exactly what he has, and don't believe he will reply anyway, but whether he has a bog standard bike with stock parts would put his advice into context.

It's an honest question that warrants an honest reply. Perhaps you or even @Yellow Saddle would like to do the same maybe? If what you're saying holds water then knowing the kit you then went out and bought would really add weight to this discussion...unlike you immature comment about babies. ;)
I think cyclist33 might be related to them and hence the heroic defence of his fellow relations

Or hes just jumping on the bandwagon after buying a bike he hated during his test ride.........:okay:

Cyclist33

Words into mouths... I think the stick man syndrome has already been pointed out.

Jowwy, you know very well that I didn't hate it, I just didn't feel it, but I went back and revised my thinking weighing up all the factors, and I made the right decision. I haven't been through every second of the five days of soul/mind-searching I went through before changing my order, frankly it would have been quite dull for everyone. One of the factors was an observation of yours in a separate thread that you had never relied on a test ride and had never had a problem picking a bike on spec. See, I am capable of taking on other viewpoints or perspective, whether that is an empirical observation about testing or a mathematical observation about wheel dynamics. Unlike you, I listen when someone has something pertinent to say and I don't resort to name calling as a first line of response. Yet again you refuse to respond with any meaningful content whatsoever, instead making the sort of thick, coarse, bloated, guffawing and wildly inaccurate joke we have come to expect.

Bpsmith, a cursory trawl of the forum will reveal to you my numerous photos of all my bikes so you should have no trouble discerning what I ride. Three of them are also listed on my profile page. Notwithstanding that it is completely irrelevant to the debate unless YOU want the debate to become whether or not Citius (et al) is a hypocrite (supposedly) or practises what he preaches. For one thing that is a transparent and intimidating attempt to deflect the point of discussion away from what you haven't managed to refute and onto personal grounds. For another, whilst I wouldn't speak for anyone else I think you'll find my line of thought on all this is (still): "buy what you want and it doesn't need to be justified if it makes you happy, but don't expect everyone to agree if you trot out a load of unsubstantiated bollox about how it is technically better". (I have made brief forays into the non-quantifiable-but-equally-valid theory of benefit and the value of things.)

The most amusing thing for me about all these threads as a non-scientist is I work with all these scientific peeps and therefore the herd is basically science-driven, whereas in this set of debates the herd is basically bullshit-driven. If this went on in my workplace it would be the majority group of scientists standing round people like you two pelting you with derisive laughter and flinging pieces of dried poo onto your faces, mocking your inability to stick to a subject or argue a point. In effect this is what Citius, YS, and some others among us are doing now - it's just we're not in the majority.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Words into mouths... I think the stick man syndrome has already been pointed out.

Jowwy, you know very well that I didn't hate it, I just didn't feel it, but I went back and revised my thinking weighing up all the factors, and I made the right decision. I haven't been through every second of the five days of soul/mind-searching I went through before changing my order, frankly it would have been quite dull for everyone. One of the factors was an observation of yours in a separate thread that you had never relied on a test ride and had never had a problem picking a bike on spec. See, I am capable of taking on other viewpoints or perspective, whether that is an empirical observation about testing or a mathematical observation about wheel dynamics. Unlike you, I listen when someone has something pertinent to say and I don't resort to name calling as a first line of response. Yet again you refuse to respond with any meaningful content whatsoever, instead making the sort of thick, coarse, bloated, guffawing and wildly inaccurate joke we have come to expect.

Bpsmith, a cursory trawl of the forum will reveal to you my numerous photos of all my bikes so you should have no trouble discerning what I ride. Three of them are also listed on my profile page. Notwithstanding that it is completely irrelevant to the debate unless YOU want the debate to become whether or not Citius (et al) is a hypocrite (supposedly) or practises what he preaches. For one thing that is a transparent and intimidating attempt to deflect the point of discussion away from what you haven't managed to refute and onto personal grounds. For another, whilst I wouldn't speak for anyone else I think you'll find my line of thought on all this is (still): "buy what you want and it doesn't need to be justified if it makes you happy, but don't expect everyone to agree if you trot out a load of unsubstantiated bollox about how it is technically better". (I have made brief forays into the non-quantifiable-but-equally-valid theory of benefit and the value of things.)

The most amusing thing for me about all these threads as a non-scientist is I work with all these scientific peeps and therefore the herd is basically science-driven, whereas in this set of debates the herd is basically bullshit-driven. If this went on in my workplace it would be the majority group of scientists standing round people like you two pelting you with derisive laughter and flinging pieces of dried poo onto your faces, mocking your inability to stick to a subject or argue a point. In effect this is what Citius, YS, and some others among us are doing now - it's just we're not in the majority.
Nice nonsense cyclist33...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom