Wheel set upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
No, I'll go and have a look. If anyone's interested, why not go and plug in your data at http://www.analyticcycling.com/ and see what benefits you can achieve with your various changes to aero positions and/or equipment?
I would imagine that uses similar modelling to the paper I found. Which I haven't read by the way, only the abstract. It may well be junk. Somebody asked for a paper, I spent two minutes on Google Scholar and found one. :whistle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm guessing citius is ashamed of the bike he rides or its pumped full of upgrades.........i wonder which

bpsmith

Veteran
I'm guessing citius is ashamed of the bike he rides or its pumped full of upgrades.........i wonder which
I very much doubt @Citius is riding anything cheap and bog standard.

He won't say because it will shatter the illusion of upgrades being pointless, when he reveals his own steed and upgrades. ;)

Citius

I very much doubt @Citius is riding anything cheap and bog standard.

He won't say because it will shatter the illusion of upgrades being pointless, when he reveals his own steed and upgrades. ;)

If someone can actually explain how on earth my bike(s) are relevant to this discussion, I'll happily provide a list. In any case, I don't think I've ever said that 'upgrades are pointless' although some may well be. Sounds like bpsmith is having comprehension problems (yet) again.

Nice to see the same old culprits once again going after the messenger, rather than the message.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
If someone can actually explain how on earth my bike(s) are relevant to this discussion, I'll happily provide a list. In any case, I don't think I've ever said that 'upgrades are pointless' although some may well be. Sounds like bpsmith is having comprehension problems (yet) again.

Nice to see the same old culprits once again going after the messenger, rather than the message.
Your bikes are relevant because "us lot" are interested whether you practice what you preach!

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
What is it you think I preach?
I think that is pretty clear from just about every post I've ever seen from both you and good old Yellow!
That "us lot" are wasting our money upgrading wheelsets, let me guess you've got a bike with really expensive high quality lightweight wheels already fitted from new so you don't actually need to "upgrade" therefore you don't understand why anyone else would want to. Just a wild guess.

Citius

I think that is pretty clear from just about every post I've ever seen from both you and good old Yellow!
That "us lot" are wasting our money upgrading wheelsets, let me guess you've got a bike with really expensive high quality lightweight wheels already fitted from new so you don't actually need to "upgrade" therefore you don't understand why anyone else would want to. Just a wild guess.

People can spend their own money on whatever they want. That's your right. My (and others) right, on a public internet forum, is to point out instances where I feel that money would be either wasted, or better spent elsewhere. I (and others) do this by pointing out simple truths (usually supported by good ol' physics) which often get overlooked by people suffering from either cognitive dissonance or post-purchase justification. I don't think that will ever change and I also don't think I've ever moved from that position.

Just in case anyone is googling it - let me help: http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/dissonance.htm

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
My (and others) right, on a public internet forum, is to point out instances where I feel that money would be either wasted, or better spent elsewhere.
By treating everybody as overweight slugs who couldn't ride a bike a few hundred yards to the shops without having a coronary? You cannot treat "us lot" all the same, some of us are better than that and can actually ride, and can get benefits from upgrades.

Citius

By treating everybody as overweight slugs who couldn't ride a bike a few hundred yards to the shops without having a coronary? You cannot treat "us lot" all the same, some of us are better than that and can actually ride, and can get benefits from upgrades.

Spectacular fabrication there. When have I said anything remotely like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom