Wheelchair pushers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I am a regular wheelchair pusher and the 2 chairs we have both have different height handles and i must have admit i have never noticed any issue's

But the biggest issue we have is one of the chairs if the front wheels hit the smallest stone or pebble it almost throws the passenger out of the chair so its a bit of a nightmare at times

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Could you fit a hub based motor that is designed for electric bikes and add a throttle to the wheel chair handle?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I am a regular wheelchair pusher and the 2 chairs we have both have different height handles and i must have admit i have never noticed any issue's

But the biggest issue we have is one of the chairs if the front wheels hit the smallest stone or pebble it almost throws the passenger out of the chair so its a bit of a nightmare at times
Yes can be a big problem, small wheels should be at the back really.
edit - have you tried pushing a wheelchair on the beach?

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

[QUOTE 5116894, member: 45"]Of course she has.

Assessments shouldn't purely consider the needs of the wheelchair user.[/QUOTE]
Of course they shouldn't.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
£207 to get an e bike conversion kit instead.

youngoldbloke

£207 to get an e bike conversion kit instead.
- wouldn't you need 2? Wheelchair wheels are strange sizes with different quick release axles too. I'm sure it could be done if some company had the will to do it, but it seems as far as pricing goes the figure would be doubled at least - assume it's because there's not a lot of competiton - there's very little discounting - and a limited market.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
- wouldn't you need 2? Wheelchair wheels are strange sizes with different quick release axles too. I'm sure it could be done if some company had the will to do it, but it seems as far as pricing goes the figure would be doubled at least - assume it's because there's not a lot of competiton - there's very little discounting - and a limited market.

Axels look same as used for recumbent trikes from what I can see

Top Bottom