When are you.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

Im looking at getting the full lycra treatment this weekend, and my wife isnt keen on me doing it.
She keeps saying ill look stupid because of my build, im 5'10 and 35/36" waist 44" chest and i weigh in at 15st, to me thats ok but now the cow is giving me second thoughts, and she keeps saying that people will laugh because im 40 and in lycra and having a moment.
Apart from the comments she s a great wife lol.
Any guys out there that wear it at my size. ?

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

LMFAO, i was having a photo slag off match on FB 6 months ago and he posted that on my wall, and before i lost my weight i actually looked like this guy facial wise.
Spooky
Brave man BTW

compo

Veteran
"5'10 and 35/36" waist 44" chest and i weigh in at 15st" Positively lithesome! I am 5'10", 42 waist and a 52" chest, and at present weigh in at 17st 7lbs. I wear lycra, but avoid skin tight tops but that's because I personally feel a bit self conscious. I buy tops a couple of sizes too big, unfortunately these are few and far between. Once you are a couple of hundred yards from your house you wont know anyone you or your wife knows so why worry about what people think.

Forget about what people say!! Forget what your wife says!
My other half has employed a list of jokes about nappies (padded cycling tights)..
Cycling in tights is the only way! Nobody ever came back from the Lycra Bliss Land.

For what is worth, I find men in lycra seriously hot as well..;)

edwardd67

"5'10 and 35/36" waist 44" chest and i weigh in at 15st" Positively lithesome! I am 5'10", 42 waist and a 52" chest, and at present weigh in at 17st 7lbs. I wear lycra, but avoid skin tight tops but that's because I personally feel a bit self conscious. I buy tops a couple of sizes too big, unfortunately these are few and far between. Once you are a couple of hundred yards from your house you wont know anyone you or your wife knows so why worry about what people think.

Where do you find your cycling clothing ? I'm a similar size and struggle to find decent clothing.
Cheers
ED

Kies

Im looking at getting the full lycra treatment this weekend, and my wife isnt keen on me doing it.
She keeps saying ill look stupid because of my build, im 5'10 and 35/36" waist 44" chest and i weigh in at 15st, to me thats ok but now the cow is giving me second thoughts, and she keeps saying that people will laugh because im 40 and in lycra and having a moment.
Apart from the comments she s a great wife lol.
Any guys out there that wear it at my size. ?

I started out at this weight/size and i'm 5ft -10.5
Now i'm 13.5st, so forget what people say and keep riding :smile:

Leaway2

Lycrist
I am pretty much the same, although 15 years older. Go for it. Its comfortable, and dries quickly. One wag in the office continually calls it my "Peter Pan gear". It just gets funnier each time I hear it ;).

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Cor there are plenty of us that have been bigger than that!

For the first year I was wearing lycra I was basically just wearing lycra underwear thinking it was a cycling top. So as long as you're not cycling around in underwear you'll always be one step ahead of numpties like me!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm happy to see bums on bikes, even if some of the bums could use some trimming*. It's a step towards a cleaner and healthier world.

* which of course the cycling will take care of handily.

Peddlar

Spinning Addict!
I'm a bigger than average girl, 5'11" and built for strength (ahem) and wouldn't be without my lycra... It's functional on a bike, it's quick drying, warmth retaining and well it makes you go faster right?.. If you want to wear it, do.. you'll never look back, it totally changes your riding. As mentioned above, once you're out of your street, noone will know who you are and it's about how you're feeling and what you're doing that's important, you are lapping all the couch potatoes that mock you :whistle:

Top Bottom