When are you.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Def do it- i'm 6'3 with 36" waist, 44 chest and 15 stone so don't exactly blend in and don't fret about it at all once used to it.
The difference in your riding will be noticable (or at least i did from some cotton shorts to proper road lyrca) and if anyone says anything point out you're on a bike and it's the law. :tongue:
a colleague at work in the carpark once asked if all my gear was 'strictly necessary in a work car park' I pointed out she looks like a prat in wellies and mac when walking her dog in the rain and left her to it.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Def do it- i'm 6'3 with 36" waist, 44 chest and 15 stone so don't exactly blend in and don't fret about it at all once used to it.
The difference in your riding will be noticable (or at least i did from some cotton shorts to proper road lyrca) and if anyone says anything point out you're on a bike and it's the law. :tongue:
a colleague at work in the carpark once asked if all my gear was 'strictly necessary in a work car park' I pointed out she looks like a prat in wellies and mac when walking her dog in the rain and left her to it.

im bigger than you (round not up! lol) and quite happily wear lycra! even the skin tight CC stuff is good (would look better if i lost a bit as i purposly bought it slightly too small!

ride in what you feel comfortable in, to hell with what people think!

DRHysted

Guru
5'10 height, 36" Waist, 44" chest, and stuck about 15 stone, describes me (although you missed out the "face to brake all mirrors").
I wear skin tight shorts, 3/4 shorts, or tights, and close fitting jerseys; and really don't care what others think, because I'm comfortable on the bike.
Remember for the first couple of months you're wife will laugh at you every time you put the lycra on, but once she's used to the sight she'll stop.

I wonder what your wife would say about this chap:

419776838_0156160682.jpg

They promissed me they wouldn't print that! :shy: :cursing:

maybe she is worried that you'll attract admiring female attention once your in the lycra and out on the bike - just reassure her that you love her and tell her not to worry :whistle:

she'll come round

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
never

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 2350776, member: 259"]There's no shame in wearing tight nylon clothing. Batman did it, and nobody ever accused him of looking daft.

batman60s.jpg
[/quote]
Wait a minute here! Batman is a handsome hunk! :becool:
Like Thor and Daredevil :wub:

simon.r

Person
Lots of brave people on this thread!

6'2", 34" waist, 40" chest, 13 stone and I still feel very self conscious in lycra - this time last year I was 1/2 a stone lighter and I felt I could get away with it:smile:

Top Bottom