When choosing spectacles do you...

Do you want your spectacles to be...

• a fashion statement.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • as unobtrusive as possible.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Canrider

Guru
Can they not be both? :?:

wafflycat

Neither option. I want ones that:-

1. fit
2. look okay on my face.
3. have the correct prescription lenses in them.

I could raise other points, none of which refer to fashion statements or being 'unobstrusive'

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Hmmm, what I was trying to establish was when choosing your daily wear specs do you (a) want them to be obvious, stand out, make a statement, OR (:?: not be noticeable (overly). It was taken as read that you would want them to suit your face, be the correct prescription, and fit properly, maybe I should have been a bit more specific in my Poll wording?!

wafflycat

As I said: neither option.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Personally, I wanted mine to suit me, more than anything.

I tried on some cool 'media' type glasses and looked like a wannabe, but settled for some with quite dark brown frames...not unobtrusive but not dominating me! I quite like them, although I only wear them for driving/distance stuff.

Melvil

I generally do both.

Since the opticians usually do a "two for one" thing I get one pair quite heavy, quite thick and the other pair much lighter and unobtrusive - more in the Sven Goran Eriksson style - that way I can choose.

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Neither option. I want ones that:-

1. fit
2. look okay on my face.
3. have the correct prescription lenses in them.

I could raise other points, none of which refer to fashion statements or being 'unobstrusive'

I would add:
4. One with a frame strong enough to withstand a toddler snatching them off my face and twisting them mercilessly.

Melvil

Maz said:
I would add:
4. One with a frame strong enough to withstand a toddler snatching them off my face and twisting them mercilessly.

Have you had the 'toddler snatching them off your face and then trying to gouge your eye out with one of the arms? :evil:

Top Bottom