When cycling hurts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
Following my accident in April I have just emerged for a fourth time from the dentists and this time was the worst.

Previous repairs have been restricted to removal of two broken bits of teeth, 3 root canals, a splint as my teeth roots had departed my jaw by 3mm, and a temporary crown.

I'm not sat recovering in a cafe as I'm spaced due to the anaesthetic and lying with my gob open for 2 hours, ground my three roots down to insert post, minor op on my gum as root fractured beneath gum line and now sporting 3 temporary crowns prior to fitting my bling Zirconian crowns.

Been in for about 6 hours in total now and the one lesson I've learnt is don't land on your teeth.

Finally went back on bike last weekend and I prefer the trails to the roads again as I'm filled with fear of falling on tarmac.

Hopefully my senses will come back soon and I can return to more helpful posts.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I feel your pain! Get well soon.

I've not landed on my teeth but I should have a couple of teeth gold crowned as they are cracked and broken. I broke the two back molars (one on each side of my lower jaw) as they had root canal work done a few years ago and that left them weak shells. It is only because I have a strong bite and a couple of gold crowns above already that crunching pork crackling or finding bones in my food has left them broken.

I am nursing them carefully until I can afford the crowns.

OP
OP
ushills

ushills

Veteran
Ask your dentist about zirconian crowns. Stronger than gold and pretty unlikely to ever break. They can wear your own teeth though.

Just finishing my second luke-warm large espresso, the caffeine is starting to kick in, however, I feel a lie down coming on after I start on the co-codomol.

OP
OP
ushills

ushills

Veteran
Sorry about that, its a reminder to me to be careful.

I may changed it to a image that cycles between then and now when my treatment is finished.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Sorry to hear you've had troubles, I've smashed my teeth before (although nowhere near as bad as yours) and I've found out the twenty five year old repairs aren't going to hold out much longer.

Please consider changing your avatar though :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Ask your dentist about zirconian crowns. Stronger than gold and pretty unlikely to ever break. They can wear your own teeth though.
I'll consider that, cheers.
I don't mind gold at all. What I do mind though is electrolytic action. I have two gold crowns adjacent to each other that were made at different labs. I occasionally get a little electric current flow between them as the alloys are not quite the same.

Top Bottom