When did you write a letter and post it in a letterbox?

When did you last write a letter and post it in a letterbox?

• This week

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Last week

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Last month

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Last year

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I can't remember

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
About 10 years ago when I was off work suffering a breakdown; I couldn't sleep most nights so would sit downstairs in the lounge. One night I suddenly had the urge to write to one of my old primary school teachers, so I did and posted it the next day. I checked in the yellow pages for her address and it seemed the correct one. She did write back after a couple of weeks, which was nice

bobzmyunkle

Write a letter or send something in an envelope.
Last week I had to complete a form and post it. Always amazed at the number of Building Socs, Pension companies etc who still rely on this sort of thing.
I paid a cheque (???) into my bank last week using the banking app on my phone. It took a few days to appear in my account. I guess the photo I took of the cheque was processed by an outsourced worker somewhere who manually keyed in the details. Might be wrong.

presta

Guru
Christmas cards in post box: last December
Letter over the counter at the post office (twice): last July
Condolence card in post box: last September

In the last 6 months.

Between buying a house, dealing with an estate and various other things I've written quite a lot in the last 2 years. More than the previous 10 I reckon but nothing recently.

I haven't written a personal letter to anyone since I was in the Army and sent letters to my Mum who loved a letter.
Coincidently yesterday my fiancee had her 5 year old grand daughter around and thinking of things to do with her she suggested she write a letter to her mum (to practice writing) . The child got so excited about this, it was quite astonishing to see, the walk to the post box and actually putting the letter in the post box she was bouncing all over the place on how delighted her mother would be to receive it.
I wonder if she will be able to NOT tell her mum that there is a letter on its way.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
About a month ago (to pay my allotment fees).
However the whole process takes days to accomplish. After writing said letter (actually filling in a form) and finding a stamp (a day or so), it then kicks around the house until I remember to take it out for posting (perhaps two more days). Then there's a period where it lies on my dashboard (or in my bike pannier) and I keep forgetting to post it (perhaps another three or four days). Then I finally get to post it - and after all that excitement I need to lie down.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
No Christmas cards from me unless I deliver them myself

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Have just posted three. Had to go to the post office as one was to Australia and another I wanted a signature. That one is typewritten but the other two are handwritten.

I also need to get sorted and write something to the girl I sponsor in Guatemala. It's been too long since I sent her a note.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cards, a few a year. Letters, I wouldn't know where to start. My handwriting was never that good in the days of handwriting. Now we type almost everything it's even worse. I think the last hand written letter I sent was one to a local newspaper's daily letters section, probably before the turn of the century. 🤔

figbat

Slippery scientist
I was making an apparently very complex financial transaction (or so you'd think by the hoops I had to jump though) and one of the steps was to provide a 'Letter of Appropriation' - according to the person I was speaking to on the phone the only method they would accept is a hard copy delivered by post along with a covering letter explaining the situation and including various personal and account details. Strangely, a colleague had made exactly the same transaction with the same company for the same reasons and had dealt with them solely by email.

Top Bottom