When does a hack bike become not a hack bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you spend two years and £75 tracking down and fitting one of these:

But now at least the cushions march the curtains

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Big fan of Centaur here too

Punkawallah

Über Member
‘Winter club ride bike’ :-)
Still luxuriating in this heady ‘multiple bikes’ atmosphere!

Only just got bike number two, and that’s on a notice - bought it because it was too nice to be broken for parts, will ride it for the summer and decide it’s fate then :-) (Although it’s looking like a keeper)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Only just got bike number two, and that’s on a notice - bought it because it was too nice to be broken for parts, will ride it for the summer and decide it’s fate then :-) (Although it’s looking like a keeper)
latest was built onto a second hand frame from ebay , the rest of the parts from my spares bin and club members ;) , old winter bike is 10 years old and had a respray as the paint was bubbling and chipped to bits

If you've ever worn out most of the parts on one bike, you can justify owning two on a simple numbers basis (not that anyone needs to justify such things!).

Like owning two pairs of shoes - in the long run, it won't cost you any more than just owning one at a time!

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Well, having spent quite a lot of money avoiding having a complete groupset, I'm puzzled.

So are Bose speakers, Dualit toasters, and Dyson vacuum cleaners. :whistle:
:smile:
were the ones you bought the revered salmons?
If so would be interested in your experience.
What I find interesting, is if they are so mind bogglingly great compared to others, why has no-one else apparently used a similar miracle compound? Or quite possibly they do.

Top Bottom