When does the British summer actually start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's has been a pretty torrid year. Apart from the few days of sunshine last week it seems as if Wibter never truly let go.

OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
weekend weather looks shite too
low pressure all over uk
does my head in !

Nebulous

Guru
I've let the weather get to me this year, which has really messed with my head.

Several reasons -
I've just started a new job and timing was such that I haven't been able to get a summer holiday. First time in about 25 years I haven't had a break in the school holiday.
My cycling time is limited and its difficult if I have time to go and its bucketing down.
I'm trying to do some work visits/ appointments by bike and dont have the whole sweat/ clothes thing cracked yet. Rain makes it doubly difficult - to the point that it looks as though I might have to get a car for work use.

So the worst weather I can remember has coincided with me feeling more grumpy and discombobulated than usual.

defy-one

It has got me down aswell mate - your not alone. I had to take my car upto Liverpool Street,and kept thinking what a waste as i should have ridden from Paddington!
Still in the process of sorting out a triban 3,with full black mudguards & panniers

Crankarm

Guru
You got soaked as well riding home yesterday?

Absolutely drenched last night and I sheltered for about 40 minutes at Over station to let the worst monsoon part pass. Beautiful double rainbow though, a full unbroken half circle North to South so a pot of gold at each end :laugh:.

Top Bottom