When is a woman too old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
To wear lycra cycling shorts? Over past year due to various reasons i have gained 20lb and havent cycled much. So today i set off looking like a fat little old lady when i suddenly felt very self concious so ended up going off track and cutting ride short.
Feeling really peed off and angry at myself for letting myself get like this, yet got back and had 2 slices of bread and pate !
Should i chuck the shorts or just go out in the dark ! I do have a couple of pairs of *skorts^ but too fat for them :hungry:

go out in whatever you like - why worry

arch684

Veteran
Life is to short to care about what other people think

Katherine

Guru
To wear lycra cycling shorts? Over past year due to various reasons i have gained 20lb and havent cycled much. So today i set off looking like a fat little old lady when i suddenly felt very self concious so ended up going off track and cutting ride short.
Feeling really peed off and angry at myself for letting myself get like this, yet got back and had 2 slices of bread and pate !
Should i chuck the shorts or just go out in the dark ! I do have a couple of pairs of *skorts^ but too fat for them :hungry:
You should wear whatever you want, however, when I was chubbier than I am now, I wore the slightly baggier and longer styled mountain bike shorts.
Another option is to wear three quarter length shorts that go past the knee.

You've asked when is too old, but then said that the problem is having gained weight!

There isn't a too old, and you should be able to wear whatever you like at any size. If it is making you feel uncomfortable to the point of putting you off then wear something different - 3/4s and a cycling frock? I always think that looks like a good combo, although not one I've tried because even at my skinniest I was still too lardy for dresses from most manufacturers. When I actually rode fairly reasonable distances while fat I tended to wear my jeans, but I know some people aren't comfortable with that. My Corrinne Dennis 3/4s were brilliant. I never tried shorts!

Top Bottom