When is a woman too old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Attagirl! Wishing you miles of smiles.

Levo-Lon

Guru
You may see yourself as a fat old lady.
Others will see a older lady riding a bike and probably thinking ,I wish I could cycle . I doubt any were thinking your fat. If there were any ..

We cycle for ourselves not others..
How was the pat'e

vickster

Legendary Member
Now you have me worried, I have never catcalled, not even sure what that means, but I am probably mostly a 3 :cry:
Hmm there are other common qualifying criteria...

Do you drive
A van/skip lorry/tipper truck
A clapped out hatchback
An older series BMW
A taxi?

Do you have more than one functioning brain cell?
And if not, does your brother usually have control of it on days of the week from Monday to Sunday inclusive?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Excellent. I salute you (not, of course, that you need any approbation from me).

My concern is that when a person manifestly does care what other people think - which is how I read the OP - simply saying "who cares what other people think" may not actually be very effective at addressing their needs. Indeed, I'd have thought that, in general, when someone says "I have a problem" and the response is "well you shouldn't have" - or even more so, if the response is edging in the direction of "I don't have a problem so you shouldn't" - the exchange may not have been terribly fruitful.

I do recognise that part of the solution is indeed other people setting an example, and I don't want to decry the good intentions of anyone. But that doesn't quite offset my queezyness at the tone of the initial replies in this thread.
Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and shout 'fark you' to the world, which is not quite the same thing as saying there is not a problem. It's acknowledging that there most certainly is a problem, and then telling that problem to fark right off.

The intention is to provide empowerment. I do appreciate that this tactic may not be applicable to all people or in all circumstances.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can you post some pictures of you wearing the offending items? This won't make a difference to my answer because it really doesn't matter, but post them anyway. By cycling and keeping fit you have already achieved more than a lot of the population of the western world and you should be happy with who you are.

Post and be proud :okay:

Just to set the ball rolling, here is one of me from a while ago just to prove that looks are not important and it is ok not to care......
upload_2018-4-17_15-42-20.png

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
"I’ll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood." - Susan B. Anthony

Be that picture of untrammelled womanhood.

(As others have said, overcoming self-consciousness is easier said than done, but we're all on your side here, if that helps.)

Top Bottom