When is blood doping not blood doping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome back to the Pro-racing section. Great tour wasn't it?:thumbsup:

I note you are avoiding answering the points raised again... but that is nothing new!

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I didn't know that. OK, back on the list then. I do vaguely remember something about it now but didn't remember it was Kittel

I vaguely remember the story from when it first came out but don't recall Kittel's name being involved. To his credit, at least he hasn't tried to deny it at any stage and accepts that it was a bit dodgy.

The "science" behind the technique all sounds a bit Tomorrow's World, tbh.

U

User169

Google comes up with Telmisartan, although it's a vasodilator so would bring BP down. Not on the WADA list apparently and seems to act on the same receptor as AICAR.

This wasn't quite right. Telmisartan is an agonist of the same receptor as GW1516 (Endurobol). GW1516 can act synergistically with AICAR.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This wasn't quite right. Telmisartan is an agonist of the same receptor as GW1516 (Endurobol). GW1516 can act synergistically with AICAR.
When you said earlier that
"Google comes up with Telmisartan, although it's a vasodilator so would bring BP down"
did you have something linking to Telmisartan to Sky?

I think we've been down this road before, ad nauseam, where I prove that I post on all pro-race topics whereas you just troll on one topic, but I have too much respect for @smutchin to derail his thread any further.

As I thought unwilling to actually deal with the points raised.. avoidance and cynical allegations are about your normal standard.

At least Smutchin answers the facts as opposed to your weird drivel about having to "qualify" before posting.

U

User169

When you said earlier that
"Google comes up with Telmisartan, although it's a vasodilator so would bring BP down"
did you have something linking to Telmisartan to Sky?

Not in the sense of anything at all reliable!

I was interested by the comment under the article Smutchin linked to and the first google result was this...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/07/09/inconsistency-and-secrecy-taints-team-skys-success-at-tour/

The "Expert" writer of the article specifically mentions Telmisartan in a further comment below the line, although it's all weasel words, frankly. I'd like to think that Smutchin is right and that Brailsford is relying on something other than wacky experimental drugs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not in the sense of anything at all reliable!

I was interested by the comment under the article Smutchin linked to and the first google result was this...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/07/09/inconsistency-and-secrecy-taints-team-skys-success-at-tour/

The "Expert" writer of the article specifically mentions Telmisartan in a further comment below the line, although it's all weasel words, frankly. I'd like to think that Smutchin is right and that Brailsford is relying on something other than wacky experimental drugs.
I'm pretty sure they're 'clean' in the wider sense of the term and that whatever they're doing won't bite them on the bum in 20 years time- copyright paraphrase Chris Froome - so apart from the vitriol and innuendo in The Clinic and from Mr Haematocrit there is still no, zilch, nada, rien, niente evidence that Sky are on the juice?

Top Bottom