When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's hammering down in London at the moment. That's what really matters, isn't it? ;)

Glad to know it's raining in London. That's London, ohio, usa. The only country that matters right?

Week
It's been banging it down here today.

Increddible to see it go from sun and blue skies to really dark clouds and lashing it down in only a few minutes. Then the sun comes straight back out.

It's a strange day for weather that's sure. After my 09:32 post this morning well within 30 minutes it had repeated the cycle of weather again!

That's from dark and wet to sunny and blue skies everywhere. Then back to heavy rain/hail and dark before blue skies and sun again. In the space of typing this on my tablet it has gone from blue skies, sun and a few fluffy white clouds towards grey clouds everywhere and yep it's just started to rain. Seriously in 5 minutes it's changed completely

Seriously, my post about London, Ohio was in sun and blue skies. My post any strange day for weather in dark grey and heavy rain. Now this post is with blue skies and fluffy white clouds coming in from the left! This is crazy weather!

Alex321

Veteran
Week

It's a strange day for weather that's sure. After my 09:32 post this morning well within 30 minutes it had repeated the cycle of weather again!

That's from dark and wet to sunny and blue skies everywhere. Then back to heavy rain/hail and dark before blue skies and sun again. In the space of typing this on my tablet it has gone from blue skies, sun and a few fluffy white clouds towards grey clouds everywhere and yep it's just started to rain. Seriously in 5 minutes it's changed completely

That's cos it is so bloomin' windy. The weather just blows through in a few minutes.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Returned home after couple of hours mooching about, no rain, strong wind. BBC weather site is pretty useless, seems to err on the side of caution, showing strong likelihood of rain when in fact it's mostly sun with the odd cloud. Maybe they're afraid of another Michael Fish episode.
Anyways, Ventusky seems a more accurate site, least in my experience.

Ventusky is a good site imo.

I like the visualisation. It's the most accurate that I use from Ventusky, Met Office, Weatherline, BBC & Accuweather. Met Office is crazy here (Lake District) and can change drastically 3-4 times per day.

For mountain conditions I use MWIS (mountain weathet information service). Good accuracy in the main.

That's cos it is so bloomin' windy. The weather just blows through in a few minutes.

Exactly. Add in thundery-type high energy showers, and every day the radar looks like this:
(another storm-sent-to-London event)
1713195211262.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just got an email from a cyclist friend in southern Texas. He said he has been having to get up very early to do his rides because it has been hitting 35+ C by noon!! :sweat::eek:
Just had an update... Despite setting out early yesterday on a desert MTB ride, he was caught out by 39 C heat on his ride back to the car. Absolutely nowhere to shelter!

I think I will stick with crappy UK spring weather... :whistle:

Top Bottom