When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Hahaha: believe it or not, I did a couple of hours gardening, in the rain!
I figured that if I can cycle in the rain ... :laugh:

FB_IMG_1519820381767.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member

Ripple

Veteran
Kent (ok, around Ashford) had +20'C on Friday and Saturday. Windy, sunny and NO EFFING RAIN !!!! Miracle no.1. Went for a bike ride on Friday in shorts and SS jersey but somehow it wasn't sunny enough to get a sunburn (mirracle no.2). Still no rain today but from tomorrow it's back to usual.
Heck ... I can feel mould starting to grow on my gills. :scratch:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I got very chilled on the bike again today in West Yorkshire. I wasn't too fussed about my knees getting cold but my fingers complained bitterly about me wearing mitts rather than covering them with my winter gloves! 7-8 degrees, but 4-5 degrees with wind chill.

a facefluff group im in a rider complaining it was cold in south Africa i think, daytime temp 25c
I used to do organised cycling holidays on the Costa Blanca for the first half of March every year. It was often 20-25C. The UK riders were all wearing summer kit and loving the sunshine. The Spanish riders we saw were all wearing winter kit including woolly hats, scarves and heavy duty gloves. We'd ride through little villages and see the local OAPs standing about in thick woollens, overcoats, woolly hats etc. :wacko:

Still cold, windy and damp here in SE Lakes.

Absolutely crap autumn, winter and now spring weather.

South Cumbria and the weather dried up for a bit in the afternoon. Actually all of it. We went out on the tidal bit and played football until the wind started to score goals for one side. Lovely evening. Then rain overnight and a very sunny morning.

I guess my pocket of Cumbria gets the better weather.

Although I do get annoyed when a Salford based morning weather guy talks about how nice it is when it's raining across the northwest including where he is at Salford media centre! It's kind of an institutionalised thing that they talk like they're from London and London is the only place that exists even when they're in the wet North West England.

I really can't understand how they can say it's another good morning then go on to talk about the wet weather passing over the northern England through the morning. They're not right, puddled!

Top Bottom