When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was just reading how March 2024 broke all sorts of heat records around the world. Not in blinking Norn Iron it didn't - rain, rain and extra rain.

I've lost count how times recently I've went out for a wee cycle or walk with the dog in decent weather, only to get totally drenched within the next 5 minutes.

In 141 years of data, only 21 Marchs have been warmer:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binari...st-events/summaries/mwr_2024_03_for_print.pdf

(the same report confirms that you've had quite a wet one, too!)

Sixmile

Veteran
In 141 years of data, only 21 Marchs have been warmer:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binari...st-events/summaries/mwr_2024_03_for_print.pdf

(the same report confirms that you've had quite a wet one, too!)

Ah my favourite, warm rain. Too wet not to wear a coat, too warm to put the extra layer on :laugh:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's going to rain about 6pm. I'm planning a BBQ to celebrate 19c and a little sun in Manchester.

Our conference visitors from around the world have been mentioning how cold and wet it's been.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well here in south Cumbria it's looking like I'll have to pull the curtain over to stop the sun hitting my monitor again! Rather annoying having to keep the curtains partly closed in the daylight. Stops me seeing across half the valley to the local landmark hill. I like nice weather but it can be frustrating at times! :laugh:

A bit North of Kendal here - no sun at all today. Has remained dry though.

Domus

Guru
It was dry in Sunny Grange yesterday, for about 12 hours. Lots of standing water everywhere, managed a ride to Arnside and back, washed the filthy bike before it lashed it down AGAIN.

Windle

Über Member
It was dry yesterday afternoon and stayed that way long enough for me to get a tiny ride in at about 7 pm ish. Then overnight it appears to have been peeing down again, but dry this morning. This would normally be fine except the ground is already waterlogged so the overnight rainwater just sits on the ground like a wet sponge. Trail riding is a decidedly sloppy affair at the moment.

A bit North of Kendal here - no sun at all today. Has remained dry though.

Kendal AKA grey town.

I've driven into the lakes for a walk with mates. Blue skies and fluffy white clouds without a hint of rain in North Lancashire where I lived and through the parts of the Lakes we went through. However on dropping down into kendal to pick a friend up we drove into rain then out of it as we left. The rest of the day was pleasantly sunny until I dropped the friend off in Kendal where it was still raining. It's a strange place for that!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I guess the rain has stopped in London? Given that some Radio 2 DJ has just been chuntering on about how wonderful the weather is and how many barbecues she has been invited to this weekend; and asking listeners to share their stories of this weekend's sunny weather. Good for you Love (not patronising, that is her name) but try and remember you work for a NATIONAL broadcaster. Still cold, wet, windy on the Costa Clyde in case you hadn't guessed!
Back to Spotify now, thanks for reminding me why I only ever listen to Radio 2 for 2 hours per week these days. I forgot to switch off after Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70's today.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I guess the rain has stopped in London? Given that some Radio 2 DJ has just been chuntering on about how wonderful the weather is and how many barbecues she has been invited to this weekend; and asking listeners to share their stories of this weekend's sunny weather. Good for you Love (not patronising, that is her name) but try and remember you work for a NATIONAL broadcaster. Still cold, wet, windy on the Costa Clyde in case you hadn't guessed!
Back to Spotify now, thanks for reminding me why I only ever listen to Radio 2 for 2 hours per week these days. I forgot to switch off after Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70's today.
Hahaha: believe it or not, I did a couple of hours gardening, in the rain!
I figured that if I can cycle in the rain ... :laugh:

Gwylan

Veteran
In the south west. This is the 3rd successive day, in living memory, without rain.
But campsites without hard standing are off limits.
Still no cycling though. Must have a chat with the tour manageress.

Top Bottom