When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
The Costa Clyde has ..........
Sunny, blue skies!!: :ohmy: :ohmy: :laugh:.
Still an annoyingly strong "breeze" and "cool" temperatures, as the BBC (in their efforts to avoid using any language that might sound like negativity) insists on calling what is actually cold and windy.

Same here, pure blue no clouds anywhere. I might finish early and go for a quick ride.

Gillstay

Über Member
So ... 11 pages ...

Is it too soon (or simply not permitted on this site) to suggest that this may be a departure from typical UK weather patterns? Or do we need more data? :whistle:

I was just wondering how bad is this going to get in the future as its certainly heading in a non cycle friendly direction.

Gillstay

Über Member
Might also be worth asking farmers (even non-cycling ones!)

I have been around farmers for a long time, yet despite this their often displayed lack of knowledge continues to amaze me.

How intelligent farmers cope with their neighbours I do not know. Its not like you can just pack up and leave.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How intelligent farmers cope with their neighbours I do not know. Its not like you can just pack up and leave.
Some do get a bit fed up with them... :whistle:

sei_7931200.jpg

:laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, it stopped raining here in Glasgow.
Not sure if it did rain while I was on shift, don't have windows.
According to the weather app, there should be a frost tonight :whistle:

Slick

Guru
I have been around farmers for a long time, yet despite this their often displayed lack of knowledge continues to amaze me.

My experience has been very different, as most keep meticulous records the met office would be envious off regarding yearly weather data.

Slick

Guru

Its funny, but it is a real issue for some.

I get on very well with my neighbour, he's a very nice guy but he can't stop himself moaning about the cattle in the field behind us. The farmer is a very nice guy and has been here all his life like his father before him, and he has to listen to the complaints. I am right in the middle of both of them and whilst my sympathies are with the farmers because of the reasons in the sign above, I'm determined to remain like Switzerland. :okay:

Gwylan

Veteran
I hope so. I am supposed to be doing a Sealed Knot event in Herefordshire - and our regiment are the organisers.
As long as it stays dry whilst I walk to the bus in a few minutes, that'll do for a start.

What is this "bus" device you speak of? Is it some transitory product of a fevered imagination?
Or is it a like a disease you can catch?
I recall the ancients speaking of catching a bus. I never quite understood what that meant.

Top Bottom