When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yesterday (Weds) was ok. One small (unforecast) shower whilst out walking in the pm. V.cold wind though.

But, from noon today it was business as usual. Claggy and interminable rain.

The thing is, from last weekend the weather predicted high pressure and decent weather every day for a week onwards from Tuesday.

None of this has come to pass with the forecast changing to utter misery every day as it gets closer to the actual day and time.

Ergo, the week ahead forecast is just rollocks and not worth consulting.

Today (Thurs) has, every day for the past week, been predicted as dry until 18.00 hours. We made plans based on this.

And... we got up this morning and the forecast said rain from noon onwards.

Say no more.

classic33

Leg End Member
Heatwave to start on the 27th of this month!!

Brandane

Legendary Member
They reckon into May.
Possibly a week all told, temperatures above 25°C every day.

Where is this supposed to happen?
We hear these forecasts, then in the small print there is always the "not applicable to the north and west of the UK; in fact it will probably only affect London and a small corner of the south east" clause.

I must set a reminder to come back to this post on 27th April as a matter of interest. My prediction is that it will still be wet, cold, and windy. And the forecasters will have conveniently forgotten about their predicted heatwave. I hope to be proved wrong, but this happens all too often....

Last edited:
You can get your donations doubled here, if this stuff is worrying you.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Heatwave to start on the 27th of this month!!
The Met office.

Not according to the Met Office long range forecast for the next couple of weeks...
1713555883088.png

Top Bottom