When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Reach is 'Express' so fairly safe to ignore.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Very hot and sunny here for the last few days.
There was an alert for thunderstorms and heavy rain for this afternoon, but it never materialized.
I watered the garden ... it's now thundering and raining loads :laugh:
I'm quite happy actually, my back garden was parched, I have to carry the water round the back due to no connection present.

Very heavy rain that stopped my freesat working then lightening. Now high, white clouds with a few blue sky bpatches a few minutes ago. Still warm and humid, just feels a bit fresher after the rain. Pollen has been washed out of the air as my hay-fever is better.

There's talk of the weather turning worse next week, but please note that round here at least the net office is showing rain only on Wednesday, after this afternoon / evening that is. The rest of the time it's dry and about 22C. Just how is that bad weather for mid May? I'll take it!

Brandane

Legendary Member
There was an alert for thunderstorms and heavy rain for this afternoon, but it never materialized.

You won't be surprised to hear that it DID materialise here! Torrential rain for about half an hour, with thunder and lightning. Went off about 6pm and the sun came back out. Crazy weather!

classic33

Leg End Member
Very hot and sunny here for the last few days.
I watered the garden ... it's now thundering and raining loads :laugh:
I'm quite happy actually, my back garden was parched, I have to carry the water round the back due to no connection present.
One dry week and you're glad it's raining!
Suppose we get a summer.

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane a big wind storm with hail and thunder is happening as I type: I fear my plants are doomed!
I'm happy I'm not on the bike though, it happened so suddenly!

I got caught out on my bike earlier, about 1pm I was in Beith when it changed from sunny to heavy rain in the space of 10 minutes. At least it was warm(ish) rain, and I had my rain jacket in a rucksack. I know how my luck runs!!

Top Bottom