When is it too late to eat on a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

No wonder theres never any sugar or salt sachets in cafe s Jimbos nicked em all :smile::biggrin:

Blue

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
I was surprised when I watched a hill climb in the Vuelta last year, a lot of the pro's were drinking small cans of coke.

I drink coke at the cafe stop in the middle of my Saturday 75 miler and don't have a problem with gas. Yes, I do burp once or twice, but nothing disturbing. Other riders in my club drink coke on a regular basis without problem.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Mark_Robson said:
I am the only person who eats Snickers Bars for an energy boost?

I used to eat the white chocolate Smarties bars washed down with cold water.

Brilliant! :laugh:

Also, talking of bonking, there was a certain bit of my local cycle track where, on a return journey, I always seemed to do that at one point - DING DONG!!). I think I did it once or twice and after that it became pshycological.

I just grinned and bore it until I got fitter and it no longer was a problem (I have a great capacity for being able to force myself on, even if I am going so slow that even todddlers and their grans overtake me xx(:laugh: as I know I'll recover sooner or later).

lukesdad

Banjo got me started on the Snickers Flap jacks bad move me thinks....... 2 for 1 At Tescos at the moment.:laugh:

Top Bottom