When Kids are In Charge !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Then we have the ever growing issue of schools "off rolling" students who dare to drag down the league table.
The academies have taken this to a whole new league. Since the take over we've never had as many booted out results are the be all and end all.
Good staff that looked out for the ruff diamonds have been quietly made to move on. Replaced my result driven internal staff backed up by senior leadership team who know more about a spread sheet and learner flightpaths than what teaching and learning is really about.

For too long education has been mixed up learning the game and passing the latest government rehash exam papers.
Radical rethink is not new a government report from the 50's outlined more or less what many think we need today.
Wilson's government quietly left to gather dust it was seen too radical.

Today sadly school is nothing more than a production line. I see it every year the new school year starts as the fresh batch arrives.
I did not train to teach parrots. One reason I won't do main stream so much of my time is getting kids back into the very system that spat them out.
Or dealing with the mess the forgot ones get into with too much time to full the day.

Totally agree

Hence my comment earlier that EVERY child MUST be registered with a school and they HAVE to turn up at least once per term.
A school should only be able to 'off-roll' kids if they are 'on-rolled' some place else.
(And if the new place can't/won't take them, they remain on the roll of the original school)

This would also give us number for the number of kids not in recognised education
And find any 8 year old's that cant write their own name

FishFright

More wheels than sense
And this is why most of the decent people I've got to know no longer sign in .

Shameful people

tom73

Guru
Totally agree

Hence my comment earlier that EVERY child MUST be registered with a school and they HAVE to turn up at least once per term.
A school should only be able to 'off-roll' kids if they are 'on-rolled' some place else.
(And if the new place can't/won't take them, they remain on the roll of the original school)

This would also give us number for the number of kids not in recognised education
And find any 8 year old's that cant write their own name

An idea in the mix at the moment waiting for formal consultation is that off rolled kids achievements will stay with the school that packed them off in the 1st place. That should help focus minds but only partly as it would still be the LEA problem they legally have to find a place for them which if they can't they have commission a place outside the area. All the process costs money making the schools pay would be an even better solution.

It's odd that even registered childcare are subject to inspections and have to provide evidence of what they do that helps with child development needs. But once school age anyone can home school with no inspections, registered or need to proved evidence of standard of eduction given.
Even professional dog walkers have to be registered with LA.

D

Deleted member 26715

Parents have the choice though don't they, they have to choice not to become parents, not like contraception is a new thing is it.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I must admit I am surprised that cyclists, who are regularly subjected to "war on Britain's roads"-style ratings-driven TV programming that is carefully edited to make them all look like numpties or sociopaths or both, aren't a bit more alive to the possibility that the same approach may be used against other outgroups

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I must admit I am surprised that cyclists, who are regularly subjected to "war on Britain's roads"-style ratings-driven TV programming that is carefully edited to make them all look like numpties or sociopaths or both, aren't a bit more alive to the possibility that the same approach may be used against other outgroups

My thoughts exactly.

Folks are very susceptible to 'car crash TV' or other types of media if it reinforces their already dearly held prejudices.

But if it concerns their own grouping??

it's a case of.

"How very dare they, misrepresent, and tell such manipulative half truths about us??"

Top Bottom