When school friends pass on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So i'm only 32, its not particularly old but out of our small year class of 96 BCHS we've had two pass away now. we were only 5 forms in a school that every year before and since has had a minimum of 8 forms.
two years ago jenny and her fella passed away after a night out, a cocktail of different drugs, she was a lovely girl, death by misadventure, this you sort of understand but today a lovely lass, Lorraine has passed away from organ failure. its quite a shock tbh
its just one of those events that reminds me how mortal we are i guess.
sorry for the maudlin.
pete

Night Train

Maker of Things
Don't know about school friends but when I did my furniture HND I graduated along with a woman in her 30's. A few weeks after graduation she found she had stomach cancer. A month later she was dead.:sad:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It always seems unfair when your peers pop their clogs at an early age. I've still got a fair few years to go before I become by 'hatches matches and despatches' in the local newspaper unlike my mates father who relishes updating me on the deaths of his mates, acquaintances, and parents of my mates then moans about being still alive and suffering from a gammy knee.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There was a story of a guy in our local paper a while ago who had died of a heart attack. He was 29!

I presume he had a heart problem though.

One of my classmates died of a heart attack before reaching thirty. He'd piled on weight after abandoning exercise and taking to a car as a medical rep.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The only person I know from our year who has died was a girl in about Primary 2 who had some sort of life limiting medical condition. She was in the other class, so we never really heard much about it.

One of my friends from school tried to commit suicide once though by slitting his throat. To say he was lucky to survive would be an understatement, and he'll now have to live the rest of his life with an ugly big scar round his kneck as a constant reminder.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Suppose it depends who you know or alternatively who you ask. Not particularly talking about school or college but people of a similar age or younger/older I've known someone who had a stroke at 18 (survived but effected very badly indeed). Someone died of cancer on the road before they were 10. My best friend's housemate died of leukemia not that long ago and he was about 25. There was someone at college I was with who had a friend that had a heart attack and died out of the blue like that - the sort of case that gets a lot more known these days because of a few sporting cases :sad:. In primary school someone in the year above I think it was was run over on a dual carriageway.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This thread quite cheers me up.

Mike5537

A chap I used to work with in his 30's I recon, he was one of those eternally happy people so much so that everyone thought he was a bit odd, very kind, but odd. Then a few years later I read in the local paper that he died. He literally walked home put his key in the front door and his heart just stopped for no reason! Apparently its very rare for it to happen but it definately got me thinking. Id like to say I appreciate every day now but that would be a lie.

I just hope I manage to use my time as well as possible, and on that note I'm off for a trial day at my dream job! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

postman

Legendary Member
I retired in August 2006 aged 56,Royal Mail have been ditching staff since all vols,but now some of the lads have died late 50's and early 60's.Not had a real good go at retirement it does not seem fair.
Me and a mate started meeting uo once a month to keep in touch now by word of mouth there are 20 of us.We do a Xmas lunch which is fantastic.But soon we shall have to face the reality og going to funerals.
But thats life.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Out of my class of 32(Ithink), (aged 50 now) there have been 2 deaths from motorbike accidents, 3 deaths from cancer, and one suicide.

Top Bottom