When Twitter throws up old photos...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I'm fairly certain that I've identified myself in this photo from 1982, posted on Twitter by 'PuNk-and-Stuff':

IMG_2035.JPG

It's The Clash at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester. I've never seen the photo before, but it looks like me and I was definitely there.

Last edited:

Oxo

Guru
I'm fairly certain that I've identified myself in this photo from 1982, posted on Twitter by 'PuNk-and-Stuff':

View attachment 154037

It's The Clash at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester. I've never seen the photo before, but it looks like me and I was definitely there.

You should be able recognise yourself, what colour shirt were you wearing?

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Ah, it's easy to take the mickey!

See the bloke with the glasses, top left? Two down from him is me. The more I look at it the more convinced I am.

The mullet looks like mine, the face looks like mine and I went to loads of gigs at that time and always stood in about the same place.

U

User33236

You should be able recognise yourself, what colour shirt were you wearing?
I took some photos during the open-water swim at Outlaw Half last year. I thought some of the photos were on my wife but wasn't sure so showed her. She wasn't sure either lol. It was only when fully zoomed in of a high-res image that certain distinguishing features confirmed it was indeed her.

In comparison the photo in the OP becomes a bit like a picture in a 'Wheres Wally?' book lol.

Tim Hall

My shortarsed chum, Stumpy, went to see The Clash around that time with some other people from school, inc one called Quentin. The Clash played Guns of Brixton. Ooh, said Quentin, I like that tune. I think I'll sample it when I'm a proper rock star.

Except Quentin isn't a very rock'n'roll name, so he changed it to Norman, but he sampled it all the same.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
17077963.jpg

This is a pic' of the Rolling Stones at Newcastle's St James Park in June 1982. I'm in there somewhere.:okay:

I still have my ticket, though this isn't a pic' of mine.
Rolling-Stones-Concert-Ticket-1982-St.jpg

I bought a Stones t-shirt that day. I kept it in a drawer for 30 years, then let my daughter borrow it when she was going through a student phase. I haven't asked her but i hope she still has it.:unsure:

Attachments

• 17077963.jpg
    17077963.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Rolling-Stones-Concert-Ticket-1982-St.jpg
    Rolling-Stones-Concert-Ticket-1982-St.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My shortarsed chum, Stumpy, went to see The Clash around that time with some other people from school, inc one called Quentin. The Clash played Guns of Brixton. Ooh, said Quentin, I like that tune. I think I'll sample it when I'm a proper rock star.

Except Quentin isn't a very rock'n'roll name, so he changed it to Norman, but he sampled it all the same.
Dunno why but it always tickles me that the quintessential professional northerner Paul Heaton was educated in leafy Surrey.

Top Bottom