When will they learn?.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
cripes - perhaps the powers that be wanted to turn you all into some sort of woke robocops.
It was the same ACC that made RPU remove the spare wheel from the boot doors of the Land Cruisers because it made them appear "too aggressive."

The spare then had to go in the already packed boot, which meant so crucial kit got left,behind to make the room...

presta

Guru
Just half heard a news piece on the radio at lunchtime about warnings being issued not to panic buy/stockpile for Christmas because of fears over HGV driver shortages and supply issues.

Now call me stupid, but surely that little request is going to have exactly the opposite effect? Heck, I've done the family shop this very morning but now think I should head back and pick up a case or two of mince pies, just in case...... :wacko:
The news I heard was that the haulage industry is advising consumers to 'plan ahead' for xmas. If that's not an invitation to panic buy, I don't know what is.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
They keep saying it because of a shortage of HGV driver that's a load of old rubbish. I work with containers all the time and we're not very busy, it's much less busy than normal for this time of year. The problem is (if you can call it a problem) all the containers are over here and empty, there are none in China where everything is made. Everyone's been on furlough so nothing has been made that needs shipping to China, so the empty boxes are sitting in yards waiting to be filled. We could just send the empties back but the shipping company's won't pay for that. So nothing to do with us, gov.

I also work with shipping containers. I'm on the receiving end of their journey. At this time of year we have 3-7 booked to arrive each day. If they're booked it means they are ready for delivery.
The last 3 months we have had lots of them cancelled due to a lack of ability to get them to us.

What is stopping them from getting to us from Felixstowe?

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

IT'S CHRISTMAS! :wahhey:

Top Bottom