When you get christmas cards from your neighbours.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We live in a small(ish) close of about 20 houses.
There are none we don't like but maybe 6 we converse with regularly.
Us 7 have posted christmas cards through the letter boxes for some 15 years. No problem, a nice touch.
Today I found one posted from a new(ish) couple further up the close. Can't recall saying more than a few words to them. But there it is, with our names on and their house number so we can place them.
So.........
Ignore it ??
Reciprocate ??
What ??

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Return the card and say sorry but we don't know you well enough ^_^

Or do as we would put a card through their door .

I am all in favour of social distancing, it stops absurd behaviour like this. Post it back through t’hole in door with a ruddy frank note dissuading them from this in the future

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pop a card through the door !!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don’t send many cards these days.
Either ignore it or reciprocate.
Don’t send it back, that’s just weird.

I would probably reciprocate, it’s almost no outlay once you have a pack of cards.
The cost doesn't come into it.
Its more a case of starting something that you can never get out of. Its different with the closer neighbours as we speak regularly......its just that I can't recall ever speaking to this couple.
No probs.....I will post one back but wait a couple of weeks.

Salar

A fish out of water
I worked with a strange character many years ago.

He and his wife would give each other the same Christmas card every year which they kept in a drawer for over twenty years.

They also asked a couple of us around for drinks once, what did we get offered you might ask...............tap water. Weirdos.

Top Bottom