when you get on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I am a shortie, 5’ 2” but with longer legs.
I tilt my bike to get on board but have the saddle quite high (just find it more comfortable and less effort for peddling purposes) :smile:
Just do whatever suits and you find comfortable :okay:
I often observe fellow cyclists and think that saddle is way too low! maybe that’s just me though :dry:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I always buy tall frames when available because they just aren't thick on the ground

There wont be many of them around, but by the same score, there aren't many riders around with long enough legs to be able to manage those huge frames either. My legs aren't short, but there's no way I'd chance trying to ride those, especially the lower picture as that one looks even bigger still if anything. I'd imagine they would ride nice & comfortable though, as they must flex far more than a stiff small triangle frame.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
There wont be many of them around, but by the same score, there aren't many riders around with long enough legs to be able to manage those huge frames either. My legs aren't short, but there's no way I'd chance trying to ride those, especially the lower picture as that one looks even bigger still if anything. I'd imagine they would ride nice & comfortable though, as they must flex far more than a stiff small triangle frame.
The misty blue one, the Univega Supra Sport, (made by Miyata) has a head tube 8" between the races, and the French blue one , the Trek 600, is 9" between races, mainly due to geometry and design. The Trek is 531, and the Univega is double butted magnaloy, so they aren't too whippy. I once had a Schwinn Prelude and a Schwinn tourer from the 1980's that were made of Columbus Tenax. I had to give the Schwinn Tourer up as it got too whippy. I'm not a light fellow, either, that may impact results.

si_c

Guru
The misty blue one, the Univega Supra Sport, (made by Miyata) has a head tube 8" between the races, and the French blue one , the Trek 600, is 9" between races, mainly due to geometry and design. The Trek is 531, and the Univega is double butted magnaloy, so they aren't too whippy. I once had a Schwinn Prelude and a Schwinn tourer from the 1980's that were made of Columbus Tenax. I had to give the Schwinn Tourer up as it got too whippy. I'm not a light fellow, either, that may impact results.

Was trying to work out how tall you are, and whether I could comfortably ride those bikes and I think I probably could. What are the frame sizes (BB-Seatpost clamp) as they do look like they are on the larger (23.5-25"?) size.

Top Bottom