When you just can't say anything.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most of the bosses where I work are women and generally speaking they're pretty good.

I was bullied to the point where I resigned by a boss once but it was a man, who favoured other women in my department.

The main problem in my place is pointless bureaucracy which doesn't seem to discriminate between the genders. The jobsworths are both men and women, and equally odious.

You mean you do that as well as change into lycra Chris - you're a player you are...:tongue:

Second ruse: Get a pair of cycling shoes with red soles.
"Ah soles" - I hear you cry...

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Aperitif said:
You mean you do that as well as change into lycra Chris - you're a player you are...:D

Second ruse: Get a pair of cycling shoes with red soles.
"Ah soles" - I hear you cry...

Quite difficult without falling over I'll admit. :tongue:

Kirstie said:
The main problem in my place is pointless bureaucracy which doesn't seem to discriminate between the genders. The jobsworths are both men and women, and equally odious.

100% agree. I have been managed by men and women who have been equally great to work for and equally dreadful.

But, working in the public sector, I have not (yet!) been sacked for letting the bad managers know how I feel!

merlinmagic

This is one of the reasons I like not being a permie. I contract and have done for the last couple of years.

I can say what I like and don't have to take any guff unless I choose to. If I have had enough can just chuck the job and go somewhere else. Downside is that I never know if I will be in one place for any length of time. Some of my contracts have had 2 hour commutes each way in the car. That is a bit wearing and messes with cycling.

100% agree though about bosses. Have worked for women bosses and men with equal proportions of good and bad. The worst ones I have found were American bosses. They are really hard to work for unless you play the game. Plus they love buzzwords which is very irritating.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
ChrisKH said:
I do get my own back when I'm changing into Lycra and she walks into my office which she has done a few times. "Can't you do that in the toilet?" she keeps saying. So I won't on principle. :tongue:
How changing? Right down to the base layer changing? Strikes me as a rather daring thing to do in an office :sad:

Mind you, I agree about the inconvenience of changing in a toilet. Who wants to walk around in their socks in a toilet?

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
How changing? Right down to the base layer changing? Strikes me as a rather daring thing to do in an office :tongue:

Mind you, I agree about the inconvenience of changing in a toilet. Who wants to walk around in their socks in a toilet?

Which is why I don't want to change in a toilet tbh. My office door does have a lock, but she is something of a control freak, i.e. my door shouldn't be locked. Even though it takes just two minutes each time.

And yes, it is all the way to the base layer and beyond. Those of you in the upper reaches of the Gherkin, get a birds eye view every morning and evening. :sad:

Top Bottom