When you just nip out on the bike for something....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sat night we had friends round for a home-cooked curry-night:
Beef bhuna gost
Goan hot and sour pork
Chana masala
Dhal
Raitha
Friday night’s trip to Sainsburys left me short of ground coriander and cumin seeds (not exactly rare items - but deliveries etc).
Sat morning decided to nip to the new farm shop a mile down the road on the 2-speed Brommie, they have a good range of spices.
Off I went at 9ish...no luck! Choice was then to turn around to the town (busy on a sat morning) or push along the road to the next farm shop which sell organic spices. The wind was at my back, sun shining, along I went....
Farm shop 2 had the coriander but no cumin seeds. Damn! What to do? Nearest supermarket was now coop in Sandwich, so I pushed-onwards.
Sucess!
That meant grinding back home along the ancient highway by the links courses into a gusty strong SW headwind! 90 mins and 16 miles later I made it home, Wimpers was about to call the Coastguard...any excuse for a bike ride.

Food was great btw :-)

Cirrus

Veteran
Beef bhuna gost
Goan hot and sour pork
Chana masala
Dhal
Raitha
Friday night’s trip to Sainsburys left me short of ground coriander and cumin seeds (not exactly rare items - but deliveries etc).
Sat morning decided to nip to the new farm shop a mile down the road on the 2-speed Brommie, they have a good range of spices.
Off I went at 9ish...no luck! Choice was then to turn around to the town (busy on a sat morning) or push along the road to the next farm shop which sell organic spices. The wind was at my back, sun shining, along I went....
Farm shop 2 had the coriander but no cumin seeds. Damn! What to do? Nearest supermarket was now coop in Sandwich, so I pushed-onwards.
Sucess!
That meant grinding back home along the ancient highway by the links courses into a gusty strong SW headwind! 90 mins and 16 miles later I made it home, Wimpers was about to call the Coastguard...any excuse for a bike ride.

You sure you didn't stop in the pub and have a swift half to fortify yourself against that brutal headwind?

Beef bhuna gost
Goan hot and sour pork
Chana masala
Dhal
Raitha
Sucess!

Crikey, what was wrong with beans on toast?

roley poley

Über Member
Some of the best adventures and times can be had when you think you will be only 5 mins out and the universe nudges you on:hello:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Beef bhuna gost
Goan hot and sour pork
Chana masala
Dhal
Raitha
Sucess!

Sounds like a most sensible use of time. You got everything, and some good exercise. Would have been more annoying-and a worse dinner- if you didn't have all the ingredients...

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sounds like a most sensible use of time. You got everything, and some good exercise. Would have been more annoying-and a worse dinner- if you didn't have all the ingredients...
I am trying to use the bike for more mundane tasks, and you’re right...if I’d taken the car I’d have got home grumpy instead of feeling good with a yarn to tell....

Top Bottom