When you just nip out on the bike for something....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I managed to combine one of last year's centuries with a trip to Argos (in Bognor Regis, so that was 50 on its own).
Winner!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Some of the best adventures and times can be had when you think you will be only 5 mins out and the universe nudges you on:hello:
You're right! It must be twenty years ago when one summer evening i said to the former Mrs Accy that i was just nipping out for a packet of fags...yes,i smoked 2 cigs a day in those days. I don't know why but i ended up doing 43 hilly miles on my Halford's Apollo (used for getting to work and back on the canal foot/cycle path) mountain bike. To do 43 miles on such a thing is something i just could not achieve now!!:laugh:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Sat night we had friends round for a home-cooked curry-night:
Beef bhuna gost
Goan hot and sour pork
Chana masala
Dhal
Raitha
Friday night’s trip to Sainsburys left me short of ground coriander and cumin seeds (not exactly rare items - but deliveries etc).
Sat morning decided to nip to the new farm shop a mile down the road on the 2-speed Brommie, they have a good range of spices.
Off I went at 9ish...no luck! Choice was then to turn around to the town (busy on a sat morning) or push along the road to the next farm shop which sell organic spices. The wind was at my back, sun shining, along I went....
Farm shop 2 had the coriander but no cumin seeds. Damn! What to do? Nearest supermarket was now coop in Sandwich, so I pushed-onwards.
Sucess!
That meant grinding back home along the ancient highway by the links courses into a gusty strong SW headwind! 90 mins and 16 miles later I made it home, Wimpers was about to call the Coastguard...any excuse for a bike ride.

Food was great btw :-)

I've been to the Argar farm shop a few times. I was after a steak. They had a few pre cut ones on the counter. I asked the butcher if he had a sirloin I could get a thicker cut from. Or if came and he put his knife down on it. 'bit more' I said a couple of times. Ended up being 930 grams and cost £25. I had that with some Colston Bassett Stilton melted over it. I did finish it.

C R

Guru
Even Crosse and Blackwell?
Any kind of baked beans, there's no polishing that...

Top Bottom