When you were young...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

Had one of these...

Bike Radios fitted onto one of my cowhorn racers. It also had four Never Ready rear lights that were wired into a loom with the on/off buttons fitted into a mini control panel on the handlebars.
And it had a huge 8ft fibreglass whip aerial fitted to the back, a quick flick of the bike would scare the shite out of errant motorists driving too close.

simoncc

The local ironmonger sold bike transfers of various sizes to suit various parts of a bike. That's what we bought to make our bikes look cool.

Razor

aero bike

I did some crazy things with bikes when i was about 15 (1984).I squashed the main tubes on an old raliegh racer in a vice to make them look aerodynamic and drilled holes in the tubes to make it lighter.i used a frame for 26" wheels and fitted 27" wheels for that close clearance look and forks for a 24 " wheel with the rake bent almost staight for ultra close clearance for the 27"wheel.The front was so close i had to reverse the brake so the pads reached the wheel.The bike was a single speed fixed gear with a 52 x17 gear.Painted it matt black with upturned racing handlebars and the tops cut off.i was basically trying to make it look like a pusuiting bike of the day .i used it for school every day until i crashed it one year later.
I just wish i had taken photos of it ,the bike looked pretty cool back then as the aero stuff was all very new and expensive ,totally out of reach for me .

Painted it bright lime green.
Put "Cow Horn" handlebars on
I can remember some sort of bit of cardboard in the spokes to make an engine noise.
I had an air horn (the sort with a rubber bulb you squeeze)

One friend put extended forks on his and monkey bars
Another put a sort of car aerial on his. He rode around for a week with his girlfriends knickers on the end (when he finally got them off her).

Live was so simple then!

redjedi said:
I had one of these

chopper.jpg

I couldn't do anything to make it look cool !!!!
FTFY

Top Bottom