When you were young...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikie

Über Member
When bmx's first became popular they used to be covered in pads, my friends and I made our own bright furry pads and we had dice dust caps

I took the stabilizers off. I can't really remember puting much on the bike.

longers

Legendary Member
Sittingduck said:
Fitted one of these beauties:

41V34RBJX7L._SS500_.jpg

:biggrin:

I was just going to post about having one of these. Great bit of kit.

ChrisKH

Guru
redjedi said:
I had one of these

chopper.jpg

I didn't have to do anything to make it look cool !!!!

Yep, I had the same one. Slightly earlier model with a white band on the back of the seat and a knob gear stick. I definitely had tassles as well. I've got a picture somewhere I must get it out and scan it...........

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Kid from my class turned up at school with one of the very first Choppers. Don't think I've ever witnessed such instant and universal gobsmackedness before or since. Even the teachers were coming out to gawp.

colly

Re member eR
I saved for and bought a bright orange racing saddle for my bike. As I recall it was made from hard nylon. It looked the bees knees but was as uncomfortable as hell.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'orange'? Only one thing in this world has any excuse for being orange, and that's an orange.

gbb

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
Used to make our own bikes out of ones we pilfered from the dump. They were cool and you could do anything to them!

We tried to extend the forks on one such mongrel to make it like a motorcycle chopper. Until someone took it over a home made ramp. Cue instant fork collapse.

We used to extend the forks...crikey, by about 12 to 24 inches :biggrin:. A local blacksmith did it for us...free :biggrin:
Apehanger handlebars and a chopper style seat.

One friend used to be a bit wierd and he used to like skinning rabbits. He lined his seat with rabbit fur. It seemed cool at the time....but a bit wierd with hindsight :biggrin:

Top Bottom