1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When's the next World Naked Bike ride?

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by Blonde, 24 Jul 2007.

1. Blonde

Blonde New Member

I want to do it! I have threatened to do this on several occaisions but never know where or when it is going to be. There was one in Manchester (the only Northern town in the list) in June but I missed it! The website doesn't seem to list future dates though, so how do you find out?

Edit: Ah, spotted it - 6th June 2008. Hurrah! So sign up now people! Whose up for it? Anyone done one before?

2. vbc

vbc Guest

Not for me I'm afraid Ms Blonde. Spending time in the 'ospital after a big 'off' I decided to have a good look at myself in the shower room mirror and was pained to see that my once firm and shapely cyclists bum was suddenly an old man's saggy and wrinkley arse. No public nudity for me, thank you! ........You can e-mail some pictures though if you like.

3. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Sounds like a good go BUT - I'm thinking of planning an endurance ride for 'chairidee' as I'm good at riding all day...and is another reason to spend ALOT of time on the the BIKE as its the only thing that seems to give me most satisfaction.

4. Tony

Tony New Member

Last one...Wowbagger chasing Charlotte chasing Comet. Hmmmmmmmmm.

5. Christopher

Christopher Über Member

Oh dear, it clashes with the Paris-Roubaix sportive. Shame... and no, I am not riding the pavé naked!

6. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

I'll come:biggrin:

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I'd like to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    Blonde

Blonde New Member

I'm going to get some face paints and write - 'cyclists can go for hours' accross my chest, and 'trucks suck' on my back...

9. OP
    OP
    Blonde

Blonde New Member

Yes I have been thinking about the, ahem, 'jiggle factor' but the procession is only 11 miles I think, and fairly slow, so I should be OK... as long as I have a large, soft and plumply padded cushion and the industrial support bra ready for afterwards. :blush: :rolleyes:

10. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

I have nice clear handwriting if you need help putting your slogans on...

11. OP
    OP
    Blonde

Blonde New Member

Thanks awfully Tim, but oddly enough I've already got someone lined up to do that!

12. ladyjulian

ladyjulian Well-Known Member

I did it this year - great fun.

Although it does go at about 2mph, and getting out of Hyde Park is a bit freaky due to the number of people pointing mobile phone cameras at you. But riding down Park Lane starkers is wonderfully liberating. :rolleyes:

13. Christopher

Christopher Über Member

Liz: respect! You have bigger cohones thanI have.Fer sure.

14. OP
    OP
    Blonde

Blonde New Member

Hurrah for you! Yes, I had assumed that is would be a SLOW ride - but this is a good thing if you're nekkid, or it'd just hurt! I won't be doing t'London one though, just my nearest, in Manchester. Will be fun to see the bits of the city that I normally commute clad in lycra, whilst bare arsed.... :ohmy:

15. Pronounced 'burrr arsed', since you're now in Bury, Leo !