Where are all the (Airnimal) Joey owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Seems every other person on here is a Brompton nut. :whistle:

So I thought I'd see if there are any other 'Joey' owners reading this forum.
(Though, I expect, they are just out riding all the time.:whistle:^_^)

Anyway, if you're a Joey owner, where abouts are you?

Chameleon, Brompton, Birdy, Strida and Gekko.... No Joey!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I just sold mine. Lovely to ride but not such a practical everyday fold as the Brompton. To be fair it wasn't designed for that.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I had one for a while, it was a great bike. Did Lon Las Cymru on it, rode it to work a fair bit, did my first time-trial on it (either that or the Brompton or the MTB I had at the time, I don't have those bikes now either), few day rides and the like.

I bought it so it'd take up less room in the flat and I could get it on the train for day rides without booking ahead. It was pretty good for that but ultimately I sold it because using it for a TT introduced me to club cycling and after that I wanted a TT bike. Sold it for about £100 less than I paid after owning it for a year or so.

OP
OP
Old Plodder

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
I had one for a while, it was a great bike. Did Lon Las Cymru on it, rode it to work a fair bit, did my first time-trial on it (either that or the Brompton or the MTB I had at the time, I don't have those bikes now either), few day rides and the like.

I bought it so it'd take up less room in the flat and I could get it on the train for day rides without booking ahead. It was pretty good for that but ultimately I sold it because using it for a TT introduced me to club cycling and after that I wanted a TT bike. Sold it for about £100 less than I paid after owning it for a year or so.
Hope you're enjoying the TT's. (Been there, done that.) ^_^

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hope you're enjoying the TT's. (Been there, done that.) ^_^

I did enjoy it for a few years, then I tried 'cross. I only rode one TT last season- perhaps I've retired, not sure yet, that said I've only done one 'cross race this season too- I've been busy with other stuff.

Strange though- all I did for years was commuting on MTBs, then I bought a Brompton- which led to the Airnimal, then a road bike, a TT bike and club cycling, which led to cyclocross. Without the Brompton maybe none of that would've happened.

Sold the Brompton- it was ridden, by its new owner to a podium place in the Brompton worlds. I don't know what happened to the Airnimal but the eBay feedback was positive.

Howard

Here's mine:

6957359536_593e3d5359_c.jpg

Do most of my winter training on it and pop it on the train for outings from time to time. Currently folded and in a cupboard.

HelenD123

Guru
I have a Joey Explore and love it :smile:. It's great for impromptu touring. There's no worry about not being able to get it on the train when I've finished exploring.

Bodhbh

Guru
I had a Joey, but sold it and wish I hadn't. It went for less than half of what I paid for (lesson learnt on selling whole bikes on eBay). Not being as foldable as the Brommies they do fall a bit in a niche. What's the clearance on the Joeys now, the new ones look like they can take seriously fat tyres from that picture?

Top Bottom