Where are all the (Airnimal) Joey owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P.H

Über Member
I've had mine for a couple of years, bought secondhand, though I'd been considering the exact same model for a while. I got it mainly for the tines I need to make a train journey at short notice without chance to get a reservation, as such trips are usually work related I didn't want to chance it. As suspected the few times I've used it for such trips I haven't needed to fold it. It's one size fits all is useful for visitors, four others have ridden it in the time I've had it. It's also a good snow bike! Easy to get on and off, the only bike I have with flat pedals and the only one without mudguards to clog up. It is my least used bike, but so usefull to have around for the times no other bike will do.
Dirty Airnimal
8587343624_5c51e7ed75_c.jpg

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Just curious about the Airnimal Rhino bikes. I want an off-road folder again but dont think I could justify the Black Rhino, was thinking of maybe a White Rhino.

Any views, worth the money but then Airnimals seem to cost a pretty penny, so maybe fair price for the brand?

Kell

Veteran
I did look at them seriously before going for a Brompton.

But they're just not practical for multi-modal transport to me.

Mine goes Garage-Car-Ride-Train-Ride-Work-Ride-Train-Ride-Car-Garage on a daily basis. Having to remove and reattach the front wheel five times a day was not practical to me. Plus it was, realistically, more than I wanted to spend - though I could have justified it, for the right bike. Happily the Brompton is the right bike.

Saw my first airnimal bike in the flesh today at the dealership in Bath down by the train station. I was waiting for the nearby Prezzo to open at 12 o'clock. They had some fantastic bikes in there but was frightened to speak to anyone as there wasn't many items with prices on. Very nice looking bikes. Also checked out the Birdy's and Bromptons and a few other bikes I hadn't seen close up before.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mine goes Garage-Car-Ride-Train-Ride-Work-Ride-Train-Ride-Car-Garage on a daily basis. Having to remove and reattach the front wheel five times a day was not practical to me. Plus it was, realistically, more than I wanted to spend - though I could have justified it, for the right bike. Happily the Brompton is the right bike.

Airnimals are really designed for less frequent folding, they'll go in a suitcase so you can fly with them, works for some train journeys (and can save having to book) and are useful if storage space is tight and you need something that rides like a road bike (I did some good mileage on my Brompton but I wouldn't have done a time trial on it- although, in retrospect, I wish I'd tried it once- would've been ideal for a boxing day 10)

Top Bottom