Where are they all?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Boring answer, here.... Isn't it just that people have ticked the 'Keep me logged in' box?

I read far more than I write on here, it's sometimes just nice to read some of the accounts of trips, or thoughts on bikes, or projects. Clearly one or two members believe it's compulsory to contribute to every thread. ^_^

Actually I quite often start to type on a subject and then think "I'm adding nothing" and I leave it there. There are probably many others who read more than they write.
I am the opposite, hence only occasionally adding anything useful :laugh: I do tend to hang on 'Mundane News' for that very reason methinks.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
10% of forum (internet) users produce 90% of content or something like that
That’s true about Twitter, which is why it’s a bad way of actually working out what the population think, as the percentage of people who actually contribute is very small and most are highly motivated.

That’s true about Twitter, which is why it’s a bad way of actually working out what the population think, as the percentage of people who actually contribute is very small and most are highly motivated.
yep, which is why it irritates me like hell when the bbc reports what the twitter crowd are saying about anything.

Reckon thats it. Or it might be the @Fnaar fanclub waiting for a post?

To insert it somewhere? Bit like pin the tail on the donkey?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I administer another site and found that around 50% of registered members have zero posts and a further 10% of the total have no more than one post. Throughout the post count v. number of members with that count describes a lovely exponential curve, with most members having zero posts and as post counts rise the number of members with those counts decays exponentially.

Reasons may be that people join up to see areas of the forums that are hidden from general view (such as sales) or to allow them to interact with other members (again with sales often being a big driver). Another more sinister reason is that many could be spammers just using the site to improve search engine rankings of the sites they associate with in the content they post or profile information.

Top Bottom