Where are they now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What familiar brands do you remember from your youth that are no longer around or around enough to be visible? For me it's:
  • Duckhams oil
  • Pan Am airlines
  • Tizer drink
  • Radion washing powder
  • Compaq computers
  • Commodore computers
  • Amstrad electrical equipment
  • Panda Cola
  • Michael Barrymore - yeah I know he aint a brand, but he was huge a while back.
Without going through 6 pages I think Compaq merged with, or were bought over by HP and Michael Barrymore decided to withdraw from the media after all the scandal with the bloke dying in his pool; I don't know about the rest.

Think the rum one had a pic of a ship on it.

Very very nice.
Old Jamaica, which finished with a few others abouy 1995 but returned recently.

Arch

Married to Night Train
1995?

I must have been eating out of date bars circa 1999 then!

IIRC, the Firkin was normal chocolate, but had white chocolate on the top half of the blocks. I can't remember if it had anything else in it.

Are you sure it was Firkin? I remember it, but not the name.

I'm also thinking of Tiffin, that had raisins and biscuit in I think, but I don't think that had the white chocolate...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Luncheon Vouchers
X ray machines in shoe shops so you could see your foot bones in the shoes... an insanely dangerous radiation hazard to the shop staff.

Oh dear, I really am a tad old:smile:

Edit: Sorry, I saw those two disappear, not appear.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Are you sure it was Firkin? I remember it, but not the name.

I'm also thinking of Tiffin, that had raisins and biscuit in I think, but I don't think that had the white chocolate...

It might have been a Tiffin actually now that you say, but one of them certainly had white chocolate tips to the blocks and I thought it was a Firkin ( possible corruption of Tiffin in my mind, although you are saying it was yet something else).

Hmmmmm, I'll have to think about it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Looks like it was a Top Deck, but I remember the blocks being properly formed like a Cadbury's bar instead of them being rounded like in the pictures:

http://www.cadbury.com.au/Products/Blocks-of-Chocolate/Top-Deck-Block.aspx

Yes! Top Deck is the one I remember....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Black Forest is still available in NZ. Cadburys milk chocolate with cherry flavour jelly bits in.

Which is all very interesting and all, thanks, but (and I might be wrong) I have a sneaking suspicion that it might just be a bit of a long (and at times wet) walk with the dog* to the nearest corner shop selling them, but thanks for the headsup anyway.

Besides, what if the shop is closed when I arrive?

* - She's only ickle and has 3 legs, so she might get a bit tired after a few miles and I'd have to carry her....

Maz

Guru
one for the S Yorks/N Derbys brigade - I really miss Redgates toy shop - I went back and took some photos last year - the building's very tatty and abandoned, most sad.
Yeah - that was a great toy shop - top of the Moor/Furnival Gate!

Top Bottom