Where are they now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, its difficult trying to remember so far back^_^
it helps that my parents ran a corner shop, complete with wall covered in big jars of sweets. No wonder I've got such a sweet tooth is it?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Nostalgia; there's not as much of that about nowadays, is there?

Everyone reminiscing about 'the good old days', well those products your are getting all misty-eyed about are no longer around for an obvious reason. They were a shoad of lite!

Live in the modern world of greatness and superior products, like what I do.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Don't see too many of these about:

sherbet_fountain__17671_zoom.jpg

I used to love them.....perhaps I should frequent sweet shops a little more often
Children don't seem to like liquorice these days ....

Fabulous! I sneak down and get myself a WWII Mae West and a sheepskin flying jacket, Algie.

Edit: The Camden one was called Lawrence Corner or something and had shiny lettering on the shopfront?

forgive me if i am wrong but it was also a fancy dress shop near the end, it was along the road from the west side entrance of Euston Station.

redcard

Veteran
There must be one 'where are they now' thread on the internet that doesn't mention Spangles and white dog poop.

There must be. Somewhere.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
What familiar brands do you remember from your youth that are no longer around or around enough to be visible? For me it's:
  • Duckhams oil - Still have down our way
  • Pan Am airlines -One word ~ Lockerbie lest we forget (ok thats 4 words)
  • Tizer drink - Going strong
  • Radion washing powder - No Idea
  • Compaq computers - My home laptop is a Compaq
  • Commodore computers - Better listening to the Comodores songs than the computer
  • Amstrad electrical equipment - Thank god they went down hill or Alan Sugar would want to be president by now
  • Panda Cola - Love it , its in our local
  • Michael Barrymore - yeah I know he aint a brand, but he was huge a while back. - Bad man

rb58

Enigma
Saturday morning pictures. I think I was about six when I started to go to the Southend Odeon. On my own. Cries of "shut The Door" whenever someone went out is what I remember most.

Top Bottom