Where are they now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I was going to say Worthington E (they used to have an ad that ended up with a big glass E that filled up with beer) but FF got there first.
No student party was complete without a Watneys Party 5 - or a Party 7 if you were showing off.
Everyone used to buy Matchsticks as presents. They were kind of like a box of chocs, but without the expense.
There doesn't seem to be nearly so much bubble-gum around now. When I was 8 we pretty much lived on it.
Crisps of course were either Smiths or Golden Wonder, just as lemonade was either Corona or R Whites.
Paraffin was pink, or blue.
Traffic light lolly. Now that was value for money.

Nearly there

Veteran
spent many a happy saturday in afflecks palace in my younger days. Train to Manchester from Chester and then hours in Eastern Bloc listening to new records and buying more than i could really afford. bought a fair few little gauzes there too :angel:
Eastern Bloc records Legendary

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Hepworths
Liptons (made your money go round, apparently not enough)
ITT
TV's with ultrasonic remotes (you could make a loud 'ssss' and it would change channels)
Quattro soft drink, fertilizer, bleach (whatever that stuff was)
What was that chock bar that was like a bounty but with bits of cherry in too? I liked that.
Walking the streets to round up enough corona bottles to take to the offy to then buy a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock (only to realise it tastes awful)
Imps

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bazooka bubble gum.
bazooka.jpg

Sorry, I was racking my brains trying to remember the name, then it just came to me.

Hepworths
ITT
TV's with ultrasonic remotes (you could make a loud 'ssss' and it would change channels)
What was that chock bar that was like a bounty but with bits of cherry in too? I liked that.
Walking the streets to round up enough corona bottles to take to the offy to then buy a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock (only to realise it tastes awful)
Imps
Think that choc bar was a truffle bar.

007fair

Hepworths
ITT
Imps
I think you mean a Cabana Bar. If so you are a man(?) after my own heart. Not enough of us out there with quality taste to justify production!

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I know these things are still around, but, getting into the nostalgic theme just drums up a whole range of forgotten tastes and smells like my - Nan's steak & Kidney pud, yum. Mum's strong coffee cake, yum. Dad's tripe & onions, xx(.

What you don't see now are those lovely bags of warm peanuts from Woolworths and hot chestnuts from the guy in the high street.

Top Bottom