Where are you lot off to in 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Hi all,
Just wondering what are you guy's planning for your tours in 2014? Anything planned yet, or do you generally wait until after Christmas to start planning?

Anyone got any plans to go anywhere exotic and exciting?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Rocky Minor will be working in Papua New Guinea and we are planning a trip in March to visit him. We also might take a trip to the exotic island of Australia while we are there.

In terms of cycle touring - we are going to cycle up the North Sea Coastal path and do a tour round Denmark. That's probably in June.

As an undergraduate, my peers and I came to the conclusion that the staple diet of Papua New Guineans was Guardian readers and that they had a voracious appetite as the situations vacant pages were awash with adverts for jobs there every week.

I am dithering between a London to Paris ride, part two of the Elbe Cycle Route from Magdeburg to Cuxhaven, a Lands End to John o'Groats ride and a chunk of the Rhine Cycle Route.

My planning never extends beyond booking the transport to the start and back from the finish. I don't even bother reading the tour guides until I am on my way. This guarantees that every day will be filled with surprises as I have no idea where I'll end up and the absence of targets means that I won't be beating myself up for not reaching them.

OP
OP
jhawk

jhawk

Veteran
Sounds like you guys have lots planned! I just wish I had the money to go back to Europe. I miss England sometimes, and the freedom of travel due to fact that everywhere's so close!

Brandane

Legendary Member
My taxi drivers licence expires at the end of April, and the way things are going I really don't want to waste any more cash on renewing it.
I might just take the opportunity to take next summer off. Cycling from Ayrshire down to the south coast, then over to France and south to Spain is very appealing. Depends on some minor health issues though, and whether or not someone offers me a worthwhile job in the meantime!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You have to laugh when you read these threads.

Avalon. Ask for a house swap for a few weeks. I am sure someone in the Uk will volunteer.

Ok hands up " Who does not want to tour in Canada?" Oh we all do.

Jhawk. It sounds like your missing the fish and chips too much. ^_^

If anyone does get to Denmark this year drop me a Line and we will try and sort something out. Even if its just riding together for a while.

I am going to stay in Denmark if the weather is nice.

Steve

Top Bottom