Where are you lot off to in 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jhawk

jhawk

Veteran
.....In recents years discovered there are "bikefests" in some cities where they close some of the roads citycentre to traffic.and it bikes only for the day.... Montreal has one of the worlds biggest city rides in May....http://www.veloquebec.info/en/feria/The-Tour-de-Ile-de-Montreal

They area good time to go to somwhere youve always wanted to go and do some pedalling at the same time....Montreal and Quebec for me his year hopefully

That sounds awesome! I'd love to go there - bit too far North for me, this summer unfortunately.

lowrider73

Got two tours planned for next year and long overdue. That is a Double Coast to Coast and the Four Inns. Just need to get back in fitness, after months of drinking lager and control of my units:blush:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Trying to convince my band of merry hillwalkers to try cycling, so after doing the 3 Peaks (on foot), we were thinking of Hadrians Wall. Given NCN72 is near done I'll try to get them on 2 wheels

I'm thinking of doing a short loop around the Carpathians.
Ferry across to the Netherlands.
Up the Rhine and down the Danube to the Black Sea.
Then north into the Ukraine, before slowly swinging left to end up heading due west through Poland and Germany back to the ferry.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That's the one I was thinking of
Possibly with a jag north from Forcalquier to Sault, and down the Gorges de Nesque. Ventoux on a Brommie might be a big ask...

tentatively thinking about Iceland....

I get a week in March for cycling and each year do something.
I had planed a cycle tour of Scotland, but as this is one of the best years for a decade for the Northern Lights I am off on a tour of Iceland sans bike.

Lots of glaciers, geysers, volcanoes and night trips to see the lights (hopefully). Still even if I don't see the lights I will have explored Iceland

Rymo

Planning on quitting work and cycling across Europe/Asia heading towards the southern hemisphere, Oz as a vague destination but if I get stuck along route and I still have money I'm happy, if not TEFL can sometimes help (I'm told anyhow). F**k just having a week or so off a year, I'm young enough to consider that depressing

Top Bottom