Where are you lot off to in 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hilmarjowan

I think I am planning to travel in Iceland, Reykjavik to see the aurora borealis special! in mid April. My trip will be short term within 4 or 6 weeks.
I do not know exactly my aurora borealis dream will turns into reality or not! since I heard from my close friends “it may not be visible during April due to bad weather and other forecast related factors.”
bybot.jpg

But hope still there and maybe I will enjoy my April vacation with full of fun!

Alberto

have a read of this journal. It is a great read and should give you some ideas, but they have been on the road a while, so start reading it sooner rather than later. loads of advice on routes & accommodation etc http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/genners
Many thanks - we did know them and indeed are great for advice and routes!

db7db7

Great reading these posts. I'm thinking of doing something, but no longer than a week really. Friend is pestering me to do LEJOG but did last yr and can't commit the time needed - anyone got any ideas of a 3-6 day ride, ideally starting in England and taking in a wee bit of Europe? I'm thinking i can sell this to him instead.

Have pretty much decided on; fly to Milan, head West to Bourg-d' Oisans via Sestriere & Braincon then North to Annecy, then North West across France to catch the ferry home from St Malo, over three to four weeks.
Anyone crossed from Italy to France on that route?

Great reading these posts. I'm thinking of doing something, but no longer than a week really. Friend is pestering me to do LEJOG but did last yr and can't commit the time needed - anyone got any ideas of a 3-6 day ride, ideally starting in England and taking in a wee bit of Europe? I'm thinking i can sell this to him instead.
we were considering a coast to coast & return option for a 1 week holiday. possibly off-road for some of it. doesn't take into account Europe, but you could consider wales/Ireland.... that was our other option - cycle to Holyhead and get the ferry from there, but not sure where you are based...

doonhaemer

Gran Canaria in March and lots of Scotland in the summer, with a short trip to the TdF in Yorkshire.

Rymo

Planning my first long distance trip since 2010, cycling from Huddersfield to Bucharest (Eurovelo 4, 15, 6) and back again (not sure which route, maybe 13, 4?) with a quick LEJOG in May/June as a warm-up. Havnt quite decided the time-scale yet or even bought a bike for it yet!!

Rymo, very jealous!!! Have you thought about which route you would take across Asia?

Iran and Pakistan (if there are no visa issues next year) then into northern India towards Nepal, maybe spend some of the summer escaping the heat up in the Himalayas. Burma (again if it's possible), Thailand then just head south towards Indonesia.
Bring it on

Pottsy

Iran and Pakistan (if there are no visa issues next year) then into northern India towards Nepal, maybe spend some of the summer escaping the heat up in the Himalayas. Burma (again if it's possible), Thailand then just head south towards Indonesia.
Bring it on

Wow!

I quite like the idea of cycling round the west of Scotland taking in the western Isles while camping and staying in youth hostels , taking in the views and visiting many pubs.

takeonafrica

Having previously biked quite a lot in Africa (where it's very hot)... this January I'm off to Siberia for 3 months (where it's very cold). Then in the summer I'd like to spend a month biking in northern England and Scotland (where after all these weather extremes, I won't once complain about the rain, or will at least find a pub to shelter in...)

Top Bottom