Where are you lot off to in 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Getting married in May, with a half Ironman in Mallorca as the stag weekend. Does that count as touring? Will then possibly have a chance to do the Tour de Yorkshire. i.e., cycle up from Winchester to Yorks, watch a stage of the TdF, then cycle back. In two minds about whether to do it super light (road bike with small rack, hotels, warm showers/friends) or proper tourer and some stealth camping. About 4 days each way plus a day to watch in the middle

Peter T

Doing Tenerife and Austria this year plus C2C way of the roses and whatever else turns up, defo something for tdf.

SpokesT

Paris in one hit from south coast on overnight ferry to Dieppe to watch Cavendish sprint home to victory, out on the town for one night, couple of laps of the Arc de triomphe and then if we're still alive, hotfoot it back via Rouen in two legs.

toekneep

We leave a week today to spend six months on a leisurely tour around the coast of Britain. It's going to be very relaxed and we hope to do some island hopping and may even swap a bit of the south coast of England for the north coast of France. Can't wait get going now after nine months of anticipation and planning. Blog here.

Yellow7

Über Member
Never happy that I quit last-years tour to Singapore I re-start it in just over two weeks on 8th May. Taking a more direct route across Europe this time to Istanbul where I may join a ‘warmshowers.org’ cyclists for a few countries (he’s heading for Malaysia).

Politics!!! The only glitch this time (so far) being that Brits (and Canadians) are only being granted entry into Iran with a registered Iranian guide, this presents a rather huge detour to India - but, I wanted an adventure with some off-plan!!

Last edited:
Never happy that I quit last-years tour to Singapore I re-start it in just over two weeks on 8th May. Taking a more direct route across Europe this time to Istanbul where I may join a ‘warmshowers.org’ cyclists for a few countries (he’s heading for Malaysia).

Politics!!! The only glitch this time (so far) being that Brits (and Canadians) are only being granted entry into Iran with a registered Iranian guide, this presents are rather huge detour to India - but, I wanted an adventure with some off-plan!!
Good luck this time Mark, hopefully this time you will make it, just be strong and fight those emotional problems which beat you last time, India can be fun, are you going through Bangladesh?, which in my mind is even better fun than India, the land of the open hand..LOL . Burma, Thailand and Malaysia are not much of a problem. Singapore can be expensive, if you are not careful, stay out of Singapore City, somewhere like Geyland or Tampine and travel in on public transport

albal

Guru
Have pretty much decided on; fly to Milan, head West to Bourg-d' Oisans via Sestriere & Braincon then North to Annecy, then North West across France to catch the ferry home from St Malo, over three to four weeks.
Anyone crossed from Italy to France on that route?
yes....in a lorry

Yellow7

Über Member
Good luck this time Mark, hopefully this time you will make it, just be strong and fight those emotional problems which beat you last time, India can be fun, are you going through Bangladesh?, which in my mind is even better fun than India, the land of the open hand..LOL . Burma, Thailand and Malaysia are not much of a problem. Singapore can be expensive, if you are not careful, stay out of Singapore City, somewhere like Geyland or Tampine and travel in on public transport

Hey thanks for the support! It will be good joining the other tourer guy for a bit.
Sure I plan on going through Bangladesh, there appears to be a few good cycling groups there so would be good to meet up with them for some 'local info'. I'd only stay in Singapore for a few days, lets see what happens

Mr Carr

First attempt at touring. Leeds to Zurich

Start on Sunday 15th June

Proposed route

Leeds to Hull - Zeebrugge - Southern Belgium - Alsace in France - Basel - Zurich

Return along the Rhine and northern Belgium back to Zeebrugge

Training going well but slowly

Any advice?

Top Bottom